Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Can zombie resurrections fail? I just went to make a zombie and the animation played, but the body just up and vanished.

Nevermind, he was hiding perfectly behind the table. I only figured it out when the tip of the yellow outline showed up on the edge of the table. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

How do you guys maintain seeds while farming? It seems like no matter what quality fertilizer I use, I lose seeds in the end. I wanna set up zombie farms for wheat and onions, but I'm worried about having to continually buy more seeds.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Dirk the Average posted:

Peat will slowly lose seeds. Silver quality fertilizer will very slowly gain seeds and increase seed quality for crops with a quality. Gold quality fertilizer will increase seeds.

Note that boost fertilizer just makes plants grow faster and will not give more seed yields.

You can upgrade the zombie farms with silver and gold fertilizer and while I haven't done any major testing, I haven't had them stall out after upgrading them.

Well, that's good to know. I was running under the assumption that boost fertilizer would increase output, thus increase seed output. I'll get onions up to gold, then convert one of the fields to a zombie farm and get wheat going as well.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Unless they changed it you should be gaining seeds when you use quality fertilizer. However they will not all be of the same quality, some will be higher. Are you counting those too?

yeah, I was trying to get to gold seeds. What I didn't realize was that A.) boost fertilizer didn't boost the output of your crops, and B.) that peat would still result in seed loss at first. Once I actually got enough gold seeds to start up the farm, things have been running very smoothly for that. My main issue now will be getting the few hundred blue points I need to finish out the... theology tree? The one that gets me the last graveyard and church upgrades. I'm working on it right now though. I've figured out that eating a cake before studying will give you extra points, so now it's a matter of finding enough sources of blue points in between the sparse blue books my zombies right for me.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Personally, I just did two zombies making books and focused on the gravestones and anything that could research into blue points. Make sure to eat a cake before doing the research.