Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I repaired the morgue chute and was very confused why it didn't work or did anything, until i repaired the other hatch, too.

Now the bodies get dropped right in the morgue, where they decay slower, but my question is: if i build a pallet right under the hatch, will the bodies automatically land on the pallet and not decay at all?

edit: also when does this donkey even show up, i'm at day like 19 and he's appeared thrice as far as i can tell, completely random.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
more like Vineyard Keeper am i rite

What do i do with my stacks of brains and hearts and intestines, i went crazy culling people and then noticed they don't stack, can i get rid of them in a productive way

Also it's great that i can study those for blue skills, but i need faith to do so and to get faith i need the appropriate techs which need blue skills in the first place

edit: is there any good/non-torturous way to get lots of wood quickly? Chopping down one tree and carrying the three resulting logs back to my house takes up like 15 in-game hours on its own. I know i can push them and get multiple home at once, but it still takes foreeeever.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 25, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Disheartening to hear about that logging adventure. Especially since there's tons of trees on the left side of the graveyard still i have to knock down, but walking over, knocking a tree down, lining up the logs and pushing them back home takes almost an entire day in itself.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ah, 2 + 0 is three?
Okay, i wasn't the best at math, but that seem-

(Pictured: my entire graveyard)

Uhh yeah, i think someone had an even worse time with math than i did back in school. :confused:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What do i do with my old rusty tools? Can i sell them somewhere? they're taking up valubale space

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The innkeeper has his tier 2 items on "This will be unlocked the next day" for literally 3 weeks now. What do i miss here

edit: in fact, the Miller and the Farmer have their tier 2 items stuck on "gonna unlock tomorrow" too, which means i can't get onion or hops seed, which means the Inquisitor's party is literally impossible

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Questions-

- Donkey is just sitting there waiting for me to either give him Wine or for him to leave, even though I've put 10 carrots in the box and seen his dialogue. Did I trigger a bug? I think I can work around it and finagle my way to some wine, if that'll get him delivering the dead again, but sheesh
- What should I be doing with all these unstacking intestines and hearts and brains after I've studied one of each? What about the other stuff like blood and bone and fat?

He wants a bottle of seed oil to grease his wheels, buy one from the crazy man to the east of the village.

you can grind the important parts into alchemic supplies way later, keep one of each for the study table (they give hella blue points) an don't bother with them, blood has uses later on (sorta, you need about 20 of it), and you can press fat into oil later on which you need for many important things. Just stack up on the stackable things, you can reasonably use them later on, especially skin.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of frogs, since that one lady wanted 12 frogs, i spent like 2 in-game weeks fishing around (i hadn't touched fishing at all before that point) and it seems like the wiki describes an almost completely different system than what is in-game. Also, none of the 5 fishing spots in the game even offered me the chance to fish for frogs.

Where the hell do you get frogs???

(aside from clotho)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apropos commerce blessing: it's the first one aside from the "the force may be with you" sermon i've crafted, but it's not giving me any item? Tried it twice, then went to the More Faith sermon instead. Maybe you need it above bronze level to get the trade booster?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Remember that you need a Skull to start the Astrologer side quest so I think your mission might be doomed from the start

well techincally you get to dig up a free skull at the start of the game

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
oh my god, more teleport locations, finallyyyyyyyyyyy

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Time to light up some ppl :getin:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
what i wouldn't give to carve out a tunnel between exit of wine cellar and morgue

don't make me walk around

and ffs, just lay morgue and alchemy lab areas together so i can have access to both inventories together, i'm real sick of ferrying my autopsy resources five steps to the side to the next rack so i can access them with the right work station

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bakanogami posted:

AFAIK the important bits- heart, brain, and intestines- have no use other than grinding them up for alchemy. It's free alchemy bits but I don't think any of the stuff they turn into is particularly rare, and they're a pain in the rear end because they don't stack. Hearts in particular are a pain because you have to do them one at a time in the cube thing with a timer for each one.

I'm the opposite, i only extract hearts anymore from the important parts, since i can fire-and-forget them into the distillation cubes. The other parts i have to grind out by hand, and that takes time and energy and a lot of inventory space since i'm likely to do it in one go after having built up a stack ( i spend way too much time just running around already).

So yeah, extract a couple hearts, throw them into the fire real quick, collect the poo poo when you pass by next time.

Embalming is great in theory, but boy howdy, you really need tons of silver and gold to do anything with it. I build an embalming table 2 already but have still never used it due to that.
And since the wiki isn't exactly reliable sometimes: I have never seen the removal of an Important Part granting me white skulls. All it ever does is taking away red/white skulls, or, more likely, granting me some red ones. Can it actually give you white skulls or is that a myth?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've found like 3 gold nuggets total in *checks in-game clock*

203.6 days of play

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I feel like i'm missing something cause Ms Charm is who wants me to shell out 12g for the papers, but doesn't buy jack from me

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think that's supposed to be the "Hey, i'm buying this kind of item from you... if you want" hint. I'm guessing due to how the trade/inventory system is set up, they can only trade for items they have listed in their own inventory.

Hence why it's so difficult to get rid of your Tier 1 not-rusty tools

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone tell me what i'm supposed to do with the approximately 200 maggots i've got stockpiled

does anyone buy them

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of trash piling up, what do i do with these stacks of limestone, and sulfur

i mean i can grind them down in the lachemy lab

one by one

veeery slowly

but seriously, i just wanted to get some coal for my furnace and end up with 3 stacks of limestone.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Distill them into life extract you can use to make Gold quality fertilizer

i think life extract is the single ingredient i have the most of (like, 60+), since i throw all the human hearts i harvest into the alchemy furnace

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just finished the game, and man, the twists they throw into the literal last minute are hilarious.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You are just aallllways busy, there's so much stuff to do and in the pursuit of x you tend to lose sight of y until you suddenly remember and go full steam in some other direction.

Like, a character asks you for some gold-star burgers. Alright, time to cook!
Except you need gold-star onions for that. Okay whatever, time to grow some onions first. The farmer only sells you silver-star seeds though, so you need to make your own boost-fertilizer to get it up to gold rating.
BUT for that, you need a high-grade alchemy table! Which needs some complicated woodwork, so you need to upgrade your carpenter's bench first, and that means getting some more wood precessed. You also need advanced flasks, which means you need a furnace to make you some glass first, for which you need ash so you gotta first do your actual job as a graveyard keeper and autopsy/incinerate some corpses. Which is good, because the ACTUAL recipe for the fertilizer also requires even more ash, and other alchemic solutions for which you'll probably have to go out and collect some flowers or mushrooms for. Eventually.
But first, you need to grow and harvest something else, and compost the harvesting waste to get some peat as a base for your effective fertilizer! You might as well grow some wheat, since you'll need to eventually bake some buns for the burgers. Remember the burgers???
You then notice that you can't actually make the advanced flasks or your new carpenter's work bench yet, because you still need blue skill points to learn the technology first. Where to get blue skill points? Not easy... Mostly through doing your actual job, and interring people (instead of incinerating them like you did before, so more work), or more precisely, carving grave decorations for them. Time to visit the quarry to get some materials for gravestones?
Oh what, you don't know the quarry? Just take a week off and explore, find it, and then build a camp with important workstations on site, then come back to what you were doing.

Uh, what was that again?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah get that trade license so you can box up your pumpkins, lentils and onions and sell them for roughly 50 copper per gold star piece. You'll need to craft crates for them, so stock up on some flitches and nails.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He actually shows up very early into Green Day, you can talk to him at like 1 or 2 a.m. already and he stays almost the entire day.
Unlike the inquisitor who's only ready to talk to you at like 11 a.m. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't even get me started about making dinner