Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

So I'm terrible at fishing in this game. I put a maggot on the line, tried to line up to a good % area, and then nothing? I tried clicking when the bobber was going in but it didn't seem to do anything.

I assume I'm missing some incredibly clear mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bait doesn't affect if you can fish or not. I've been fishing with no bait.

The problem is, the window to catch fish is INCREDIBLY short. It's my one big complaint with the game. You have to watch for the bobber to twitch, and instantly click/press E. Instantly. If you wait even a second the window will end.

So like if I see the bobber move, click? Wow, that's not intuitive at all, I had assumed I was missing some magic "and then hold or drag this thing to catch a fish!"

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

The pre-release version of the game prevented you from getting the Town Pass which lead people to believe that was because The Town was an area still under development.

Oh man I both chuckled and was bummed at what happened when I strode through those gates.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Are there any other blacksmith quests I’m missing besides his first? I’m sad that there are friendship meters I’m not filling.

Also meh, I gotta grind until I’ve unlocked his tier 2 to buy that dang cauldron. I can make pots and iron poo poo, I should totally be able to make a cauldron

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Nyaa posted:

You can.

What? I swear I looked at the wiki and it only listed buying it. Argh!

edit: also thank you