Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Good game but be prepared to use the wiki a ton, or keep a pad of paper nearby to write everything down because the game doesn't save discovered recipies and character information.
The only thing I've found it not saving is stuff like what ingredients things decay into. The NPC panel is not particularly good because while it will tell you helpful things like "Wants Silver-Star Fish Fillet" it won't tell you more important things like they actually want 4 of them, or that they are the only source of Silk Cloth.

I've only really gone to the wiki for alchemy because it's boring guesswork that overwhelmingly produces trash from decent items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, especially with the first rod the 'bob' window is very short. Between that and presumably wireless controller lag I could only start fishing while hopped up on fish sticks. It gets more lenient as you get better rods.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The pre-release version of the game prevented you from getting the Town Pass which lead people to believe that was because The Town was an area still under development.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

HenryEx posted:

I repaired the morgue chute and was very confused why it didn't work or did anything, until i repaired the other hatch, too.

Now the bodies get dropped right in the morgue, where they decay slower, but my question is: if i build a pallet right under the hatch, will the bodies automatically land on the pallet and not decay at all?
You can build a pallet near the hatch, but not under it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Unlocking dark organs and becoming a full blown cultist really paid off for my graveyard.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

In stupidity level news, not only have you made me realise I could build a trunk down there to hold wood (I've been building two pyres at a time as needed by cutting up four logs and walking it down), but last night - 30 hours into the game - I figured out how to use the D-pad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You have to make the special workbench it unlocks at the garden, then at that you can make crates of goods that you can then put on the pallets.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I thought it was hilarious, but not as hilarious as seeing the OFFICIAL Graveyard Keeper wiki having its entry for The Town as "The Town is an as of yet unimplemented part of the game which will be accessible via the Town Pass."

Just playing through the game you can see that it was never intended for you to go to The Town at any stage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Blood and Fat are useful, and in my experience are always detrimental to corpse quality anyway. I think all of the others have mundane (and stackable) replacements for their alchemy resources, or more often than not lower the corpse quality (like Skull and Skin) and aren't worth collecting in large amounts beyond what you need for that reason.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bones are still completely neutral in the latest patch.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The stone cutter table has recipes for disassembling parts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

HenryEx posted:

I've found like 3 gold nuggets total in *checks in-game clock*

203.6 days of play
Same, but I powdered one nugget and I'm still working my way through the stacks of gold injections it produced.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ms. Charm will offer the next step at 40 - you have to make her a jewelry, then she'll send you back to Merchant.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder how long it takes to actually beat this drat game. I'm like 13 hours in and at less than 30 rep with nearly everyone--and given what the nature of the main story seems to be that's probably a sure sign I'm not very close :saddowns:
I'm just over 50 hours and I'm currently in the wrap-up period where I'm just delivering easily available items to people then waiting a week for their questlines to continue.

Xaris posted:

Is there anyone who buys Gold Wine or Beer or Mead? Does Mead even have a use?

Its kind of annoying the ability for NPCs to buy from you goes away if something is loving gold.
Nobody buys Gold Beer. Once I satisfied all the quest requirements for beer I just started making mead because the quantities you produce make the health/energy deficit not that noticeable and the labour and opportunity costs saved by using a single honey ingredient over 15 wheat was a no-brainer for me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

Up until the quest progresses and then the king outlaws witch burning.
Yeah - I got to do it twice!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You have to get the trade license so you can box them up for shipping to town.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The Town is only a metaphor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

LLSix posted:

Just got my town pass and tried to visit the Town. That 100% feels like cut content. From what people were saying it sounded like a joke, but I get why people are salty about it now.
You're going to love the ending.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I believe it'll trigger next week.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You have to start it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I don't know why it says that because Vagnar does not give you a gold star story regardless of whether or not you've exhausted his silver star questline.