Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
A friend told me about this and warned me that it’s not really worth getting. I read a lot of negative reviews, watched some YouTube videos that were mediocre or negative. All signs pointed to this being a bad game.

Bought it anyway and I’m enjoying it. I guess I’m a sucker for grindy busywork games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Are they ever going to add The Town or are the devs for this game just super trolls who think that wasting resources on that pass was worth the joke in their game which is nothing but progression grinding?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I feel like I need to keep a to do list for this game because there’s so much to do that I get sidetracked a lot.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Unless I'm totally blind, there is no technology for cutting down dead trees but they have a prompt when you try to cut them. What am I missing?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

You would think now that I'm a prestigious preacher with a grand cathedral and an awesome Graveyard setup, I could buy or at least rent a goddamn cart to transport my crates of pumpkins to the trade office instead of having to kick 10 of them down the road for a day and a half.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Okay, this is weird. My graveyard was at 170 Quality and an event triggered where ghost blasted some graves with lightning which took some red skulls out but also broke a bunch of gravestones and fences. After this event was done, my Quality was 210 for some reason. I fixed everything which bumped me up a few more points. Then a few in-games days go by and my graveyard is back to 174. The gently caress?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Where is this drat hunchback? I’ve gone to the forest he’s supposed to be in three nights in a row and he’s nowhere to be found.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I’m still enjoying the game but I think the main thing the endgame is missing is some sort of automation progression. Let me unlock the donkey shipping vegetable crates for me. Figure something out so I don’t have to cut down 8 trees every five real time minutes for wood.

That and just put in a simple QOL: some crafting is stackable and some isn’t. Make it all stackable, it’s really obnoxious to flip though so many menus sometimes especially for gold items. Al I have in my inventory is gold onions why isn’t that the default? Why do I have to click click every single time I want to make 4 burgers?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

If they just did some minor QOL tweaks like what’s being suggested in this thread and put out an update, they could really turn their review rating around I think. Despite these frustrations I still find the gameplay compelling and relaxing and I don’t know why I am bothering to upgrade my cathedral or graveyard when I just need to grind wine to get the 12g... but I’m still doing it because I think it’s cool.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I took the time to kick 10 crates of puckins down the road once. Never again.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Fame doesn’t seem to increase Trade Office payout soooo what is the point of that?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I've got the Inquisitor at 75 and have now done 3 burnings in a row with burgers and beer. When does he progress to the Dark Organ portion of his questline? Is there something else I need to do?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

About the dark organ quest you don't have to do it to get the ending.

I'm weird but I'm more about trying to get as much of the game done, rather than beeline for the ending.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Well that was an ending.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

They actually made the game less of a painful grind?! Unexpected but I’ll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Knowing these devs, you unlock it about an hour before you beat the game.