Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Xaris posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone actually buy Grapes? Merchant and Dead Horse didn't. I have a bunch of grapes but not the tech to make wine yet, so just wondering. Also does anyone buy like cooked food and stuff or is that solely just for your own benefit?

Buy the technology for pies from the innkeepers wife. Then you can sell bronze and silver grape pies to the innkeeper, and gold grape pies to the Merchant. (They need to rank up before they'll buy the silver and gold quality pies, though.) Don't expect them to buy out your vineyard, though. The market crashes if you sell more than 6 per week. (Or if the restock bug triggers.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

I’ve been thinking about doing a “non-cannibal” run and seeing exactly what I might use body parts for.

I think gold-star hops seeds can be bought from miller rank 3. You can do the merchant's quests with silver-star foods and I know you can buy those seeds. And anything that specifically requires a pumpkin uses silver. You can make gold star-burgers using silver-star onions. So I think you can do the entire game with only harvesting 25 skulls, 20 units of blood, 4 dark organs, and the first pound of flesh. Although, in my mind you'd be allowed to autopsy however you want for the graveyard. It's just limitations on the uses of those parts.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the best way to get money before you have access to the Trader's License, which lets you do the Inquisitor's quest to unlock the vineyard? I've been selling coal to the blacksmith but I keep running him out of money.

Wine is pretty good and low maintenance; if you want serious cash, mining is king. Get precious metals and dig up/break apart iron from the quarry until you get silver ore. 6 bars per week gives a steady mid-40 silver paycheck. Use blessings of commerce to rank up the blacksmith, also. You're churning through a mountain of ore so you may as well be selling steel parts, complex iron parts, iron bars, and steel bars for another 20(ish?) silver. The gold you pick up isn't predictable, but it either saves you 50 silver on importing jewelry for decoration or it's worth 30(ish?) in export.

TheBlandName fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 27, 2018