Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a way to make the game run in the background? Sometimes I want a full night's rest without just staring at the screen.

I've been using Cheat Engine, with a only-while-pressed speedhack button for 3x to just speed through nights instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Time to light up some ppl :getin:

I cheated my way to this point, because gently caress how tedious it is to chop down and move trees home.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xaris posted:

So I've already extracted a shitload of parts early on and cremating, is there any particular body part that I need masses of lategame that I should keep extracting? Bone seems useful, and maybe Skin, but the rest don't seem that good and can be found more easily with other source.s

I like using fat for oil because I never bothered to buy hemp seeds. Skin is always useful though, gotta make those book covers, even with wheat paper.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Dirk the Average posted:

I got the innkeeper to tell me to hop upstairs to grab the mead recipe, but I am only at 20 opinion. I read something about selling him a package of meat to get +10 opinion - is that what people who got the recipe did?

Yeah, I had to sell him meat before he let me upstairs. You can obtain the stamp two ways, one through an npc or by purchasing it from the mailbox.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xaris posted:

Well, I've maxed out pretty much all tech (except like Carved Wood, and the 300 blue death one for showing skulls). Carved wood especially seems like it's not really implemented and other unnecessary, so I'm done with the tech. I've also starting embalming and up to about 10 perfect corpses, but still limited on getting 5-skull corpses associated faith for marble stuff. That's fine although I guess we don't have any new church goes to work towards after 200 anyways right?

Right now I'm trying to get Aristocrat Papers and holy hell the game has ground to a massive halt. I have about 3 NPCs waiting on me to grab that and right now only at 5.5 gold. I'm using a gold-star Combo Faith with 80-church and 300-graveyard, and only get about ~50-60silver a week from that; running boxes to the Trade Office is kind of obnoxious and I tried to make a train to push them all but the physics in this are wonky. I usually couple that with selling some Gold/Silver Wine which helps but still not much. Are there any other get-quick-rich things I should be doing? It looks like maybe the best thing to do is just mine/cut iron ore for sweet Silver Ore to sell as Ingots?

Or does someone know the CE memory address for money just so I set myself at like 10.5 gold because yikes

Stored as a float, where 1=1 silver, so 100=1 gold. Search for your current money, earn/spend some and repeat. Copper are decimal, so 102.43 would be 1 gold, 2 silver, 43 copper

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Vasler posted:

What are you guys doing to make your church better? I'm at about 22 church points but haven't invested in candles or incense because both seem like a huge pain in the rear end.

I went ahead and managed to make myself a gold star combo prayer. What I didn't realise is that it requires 60 church points to reach 100% success.

You can build candelabras that give ✞ without needing candles to be put and lit. I only used candelabras, wall candelabras, and confessionals. I eventually upgraded to soft benches when it was an option and I'm over 60 iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

ILL Machina posted:

Seems weird to rage about not getting to go to a place that never existed and was never going to.

When it was part of the alpha and the only reason you couldn't go to it then was "it's not the full game yet", it's a pretty dick move to re-classify content as 'a joke' and not make it.