Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, this is why I don't want to play randomizers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ricdesi posted:

You know, historically speaking John has struggled a bit with the old classic-style games. Starting to wonder if we might be seeing that bubble to the surface again here.

Part 5: "The Better Game, You Might Say" | Week 2: Level 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPSKd4Ah-E

Not going to fault anyone for having trouble with the iron knuckles, though

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, personally I would count 'not using the hookshot to get past a place where you're obviously meant to use the hookshot' as a glitch, but I didn't write the randomiser so who knows. Congrats on pretty much stumping even the people who are more experienced with all that anyway, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It is actually surprisingly unforgiving for something on a strict time limit that it's literally impossible for you to replay. Maybe the audio commentary helped out a lot with what you should be doing.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The map 2 overworld seems pretty close to 'we moved some of the walls around but otherwise things are the same' but at least they messed around with the dungeons.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I think I'd only seen the first episode of this before you started, and I'm not feeling like I really missed much. Well, now I know.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I was wondering if they had some sort of deal with Satellaview to never release them separately but wikipedia informs me they rereleased the BS Fire Emblem game, so I guess it's possible.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, I played this through when it came out and yeah, it's ...unique. The start of the game where you have basically no money, a bunch of people who want money, and no experience with how much they're likely to want, is pretty rough.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I figured this was going to be a lot more straightforward than the LttP one because there aren't nearly as many chests scattered around in random overworld spots but I'd entirely forgotten about all the grottos which normally don't have anything of consequence in them. Also hadn't really considered they'd include the songs as 'items'.

At least you're doing better in terms of not getting stuck on a single item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, pretty much. At the very start you can't get your hands on much money so people are satisfied with less. To an extent part of the game is figuring out how much is enough but there's trial and error involved. I will say this - the dungeon gates are one of the few things that remember how much you already gave them, so you don't have to go overboard there.