Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My seed made me pull out the Master Sword and have it turn into a bottle of green elixir 10/10 Pot Shotput Simulator 2k18 owns A+++

If you have the magic mirror and the ocarina then you don't need the book to get into the bottom-left dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I've actually started a keysanity run and all told it's been going okay. I admit to using save states before boss rooms though, but so far I haven't hit any major dead ends. The trick seems to be to just go to whichever dungeon you have the most keys for at that moment.
The nice thing about it is that the keys that drop from pots or enemies are still in the same places so you can still make decent headway in most dungeons. I thought they were ALL randomized which woulda been something.

The hookshot, mirror and powerglove are by far the most useful items for getting chests.

Speaking of which I haven't had much luck with items but boy howdy do my keysanity chest like giving me heart pieces. I have 18 hearts (decently sure the rest are heart pieces, I'll need 5 more since I have three atm) and I only have one amulet and two crystals :shepface:

Edit: Best make that 4 heart pieces and 19 hearts now! :shepface: :shepface:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 19, 2018

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Once you're used to the regular randomizer then keysanity isn't so bad. Especially since you have an interface in your inventory screen telling you how many small keys you have for each dungeon.

GETTING 40 RUPEES FROM THE GOLD BOMB FAIRY IS KINDA loving poo poo THO

EDIT: check out the bottom bombable wall at the fish guy's cave in the desert

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 19, 2018

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hmmm. Interesting that the lantern was in Misery Mire. I know the game is cool with doing poo poo like the Cane of Somaria skip in the Ice Palace, but the dash jump seemed a bit more esoteric and glitchy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Btw Rick if you want a challenge, do enemizer keysanity. That's when it gets really :suicide:ROMHACKZ:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah the wallet is a killer and that's why the expansion of the wallet in LttP is such a fantastic QoL change. Good news is that you're only short like 4 items to fully explore dungeons (2 tunics, longshot and fire arrows)