Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TV Zombie posted:

Wait...does Park have a mask vs hair match with Rush soon?

No CMLL doesnt have the balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Park is gonna get CMLL and AAA to bid against each other for the mask match and it'll be amazing
I hope MRT gets his cut for making it all happen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Are they waiting a year so Dr Wagner can grow hair first?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Show was better than I expected but not the way I expected. Fantasma vs Park started bad, got good, fell apart, then had a good finish. Title match was mostly bad. Still in awe at how bad the other apuestas match was.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1033594343230201856

La Park is going into the Observer Hall of Fame and winning Wrestler of the Year in the same year book it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

So does that make La Parka as difficult to work with, as say.. Del Rio?

Park actually shows up to bookings.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TV Zombie posted:

Wait...does Park have a mask vs hair match with Rush soon?

Here's what we kinda know so far (and lucha politics are loving dense and complicated so the story can change any minute)

-- Park and Rush were set to have their match this year, with a handshake agreement that Park would lose his mask
-- Park is haggling on money after seeing how much Wagner made for unmasking last year
-- Park is experiencing a big career renaissance right now and getting steady paychecks pretty much everywhere, which also means that his value would be greatly lessened without the mask
-- With all the above factors, they decided to hold off the match until next year
-- It's LA Park so who the gently caress even knows

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Here's what we kinda know so far (and lucha politics are loving dense and complicated so the story can change any minute)

-- Park and Rush were set to have their match this year, with a handshake agreement that Park would lose his mask
-- Park is haggling on money after seeing how much Wagner made for unmasking last year
-- Park is experiencing a big career renaissance right now and getting steady paychecks pretty much everywhere, which also means that his value would be greatly lessened without the mask
-- With all the above factors, they decided to hold off the match until next year
-- It's LA Park so who the gently caress even knows

There are multiple stories going around over what was or was not agreed to regarding Park's mask. There were stories AAA had an agreement for the match and the follow up unmasked matches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Meanwhile this AAA documentary is showing off Fantasma/Cuerno's great English.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lid posted:

Meanwhile this AAA documentary is showing off Fantasma/Cuerno's great English.
I'm fighting to stay awake because it's intriguing. And yes, his English is shockingly good.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That PPV was mostly not good except for the deathmatch and LA Park

Matt Striker and Vampiro are bad

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1033596623115276288

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
How is kayfabe in Mexico because this is scorched earth levels of "we are performance artists" but drat it's glorious.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We compare AAA to WCW a lot and it's really not that far off, especially with this show. A roster full of obvious talent, some of whom had really good matches in the midcard, but the bookers either don't trust their wrestlers to tell stories in the ring or are too obsessed with "swerves," so we get a lot of dumb overthought finishes that try to protect everyone but get nobody over, and nothing makes you want to tune in next week to see what happens next.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

That PPV was mostly not good except for the deathmatch and LA Park

Matt Striker and Vampiro are bad

The ladder match was great and the opener on the preshow was really good too.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Lid posted:

How is kayfabe in Mexico because this is scorched earth levels of "we are performance artists" but drat it's glorious.
My understanding is that the rule in Mexico is to never break kayfabe in public

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

The ladder match was great and the opener on the preshow was really good too.

I'm not gonna lie to you, most of what I remember from those are bad Matt Striker and Vampiro commentary

I'll go back to watching stuff in Spanish

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Oh gently caress that leg break was brutal.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Fantasma Jr Jr for Best Promo

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That was an excellent GoPro commercial, btw.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fantasma is hot even without his mask.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

So does that make La Parka as difficult to work with, as say.. Del Rio?

Del Rio's an idiot rear end in a top hat who greatly overassumes his own value, and pisses off a lot of companies

Park's a cool rear end in a top hat who greatly correctly-assumes his own value and ends up getting companies into bid wars for the rights to his mask on a future date that forever gets pushed off while he makes more money

Also Park got paid for tonight. Del Rio didn't (he was originally supposed to have a match here but it got pulled at the presser because he ranted that AAA promised to pay him upfront and didn't, which is hilarious because it being AAA, it's honestly probably true which would mean Del Rio actually got conned before he could con a promotion for once)

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

We compare AAA to WCW a lot and it's really not that far off, especially with this show. A roster full of obvious talent, some of whom had really good matches in the midcard, but the bookers either don't trust their wrestlers to tell stories in the ring or are too obsessed with "swerves," so we get a lot of dumb overthought finishes that try to protect everyone but get nobody over, and nothing makes you want to tune in next week to see what happens next.

Go ahead and C&P this into ever WWE thread too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Del Rio's an idiot rear end in a top hat who greatly overassumes his own value, and pisses off a lot of companies

Park's a cool rear end in a top hat who greatly correctly-assumes his own value and ends up getting companies into bid wars for the rights to his mask on a future date that forever gets pushed off while he makes more money

Also Park got paid for tonight. Del Rio didn't (he was originally supposed to have a match here but it got pulled at the presser because he ranted that AAA promised to pay him upfront and didn't, which is hilarious because it being AAA, it's honestly probably true which would mean Del Rio actually got conned before he could con a promotion for once)

aaa is still mad about him after del Rio conned them into giving him the megachampionship then he jumped to wwe without dropping the belt

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Do regular fans of AAA like the product and enjoy the shows? I saw the ending festivities of the Mask vs Hair match but y'all seemed to be negative on the match itself, which I didn't get to see. I did see the Mega Championship and the main event both of which just felt like crazy levels of over-booking and a lot of confusion in general. While I think I like the overall production and feel of AAA, it also kind of feels a bit spastic and disjointed not helped by Striker and Vampiro on commentary.

Is it generally a product that is well-received by its fanbase, though, or are we just picky dorks who like to complain?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is Psycho Clown the one who rips off his 'face' as part of his entrance?
Because that is the best entrance ever.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The only people that watch every AAA show are me, thecubsfan, and The Champ Julius. But yes we love it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Do regular fans of AAA like the product and enjoy the shows? I saw the ending festivities of the Mask vs Hair match but y'all seemed to be negative on the match itself, which I didn't get to see. I did see the Mega Championship and the main event both of which just felt like crazy levels of over-booking and a lot of confusion in general. While I think I like the overall production and feel of AAA, it also kind of feels a bit spastic and disjointed not helped by Striker and Vampiro on commentary.

Is it generally a product that is well-received by its fanbase, though, or are we just picky dorks who like to complain?

AAA has been in a steep decline for the last five years. They've been having a better year this year since they brought in some better talent but they were in real trouble in late 2016 and into 2017.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

One thing to remember about AAA is a few years back when Perro Jr died Meltzer said "this is worse for AAA than it would be for WWE if John Cena died" and you can really tell with how things have gone since

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

My takeout from this show is that El Hijo Del Fantasma should be #1 on Callis' & D'Amore's list of AAA people they would like to use.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

J-Ro posted:

My takeout from this show is that El Hijo Del Fantasma should be #1 on Callis' & D'Amore's list of AAA people they would like to use.

Been used off and on in TNA since July 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Boco_T posted:

The only people that watch every AAA show are me, thecubsfan, and The Champ Julius. But yes we love it

I used to be a really avid fan in the 2009-2011 era but fell off

I miss Electroshock, Zorro, and El Elegido the most

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Been used off and on in TNA since July 2017

True, but I would think he would be way more marketable unmasked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I used to be a really avid fan in the 2009-2011 era but fell off

I miss Electroshock, Zorro, and El Elegido the most

One of your boys is in CMLL with the superior name of The Chris.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MassRafTer posted:

One of your boys is in CMLL with the superior name of The Chris.

Does he still do swashbuckling with a kendo stick

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Does he still do swashbuckling with a kendo stick

No he causes chaos with Ciber The Main Man and Scharly Rock Star.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

No he causes chaos with Ciber The Main Man and Scharly Rock Star.

Just gonna go out on a limb and guess Cibernetico and Charly Manson

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Just gonna go out on a limb and guess Cibernetico and Charly Manson

Yes in old, inferior forms.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

for anyone who made the mistake of watching the Spanish version of commentary allow me to present the highlight of the Vampiro/Striker shitshow

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeBoringCockroachMikeHogu

https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticBlitheHawkRuleFive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

for anyone who made the mistake of watching the Spanish version of commentary allow me to present the highlight of the Vampiro/Striker shitshow

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeBoringCockroachMikeHogu

https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticBlitheHawkRuleFive

you forgot the clip where Striker brought up the 1985 Mexici City Earthquake, verbally realized this was a bad idea, continued with it, and the doubled down and defended it later on

or the clip where Striker had no idea what was going on and tried to get Hugo to tell him

• Locked thread