Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PineappleGod
Feb 12, 2008
The Pineapple God has returned
I live in Finland and work for the government. I'm a lawyer and have worked for the government in several different positions. Right now I'm working as a temporary district court judge, where the person whose position it is, is on parental leave.
Previously I have worked for the public defenders office / legal aid office, did our version of clerking with a judge etc. My position is temporary, but I do enjoy the work and it is a meaningful job. Previously working in a government in a few different government offices, I have come to appreciate the concretenes of my current job and my job a the legal aid office. Working for the nameless beaureaucracy shuffling papers from one pile to the next, was not for me, even though now I have to work more hours. I don't see myself moving to the private sector partly because I make enough money and the government holidays are much better. The government provides a really good work-to-life balance, which I doubt I would be able to have, if I worked for the private sector, unless I worked as a lawyer at a big nameless corporation, where everyone is on the clock. In attorneys offices the work culture here is much like what I imagine the U.S. is, where the most important part is being present for 10+hrs a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread