Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

wateroverfire posted:

The share of the business's income paid to the shareholders in compensation to them for the use of their money, which they wouldn't put into the business if they couldn´t expect a return on the investment. A business needs money to operate and to expand and that money has to come from somewhere. Providing capital is every bit as important and deserving of compensation as unloading trucks or touching computers.

And while I'm sure in some circumstances you can find investors who would rather eat the goose than wait for eggs, that is definitely not the norm.

my god, we found him. quickly, there's not much time. one, maybe get out of the housing market, bad times ahead there. two, you'll make a lot betting on Obama to be a two-termer. three, see if you can get any early money on Trump winning the presidency in 2016.

don't take it too harshly, time traveler from 2007. once, many of us were like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread