Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cavauro posted:

She beat Serena.

Nobody is arguing that. Ref ruined the game and the win because he’s a sexist racist piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Flayer posted:

Djokovic gets violations constantly he's just not dumb enough to get 3 in the space of about 10 minutes. There's no sport where you can talk to a referee/umpire like that and expect not to get punished. Its the height of entitlement to ask the umpire to apologise for a decision, especially in this case when the coach even admitted to coaching after the event.

Not true. The golden state warriors constantly do and if they were reffed by the same rules Green would be kicked out of 70% of his games.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bardeh posted:

lmao what in the hell? I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading posts like these. She called the umpire a liar and a thief, when he followed the rules exactly as he should've done. She deliberately smashed her racquet. She berated him for three games, and told him 'you'll never be on the same court as me again'. The way she was conducting herself was appalling, and in no way befitting of someone who's been around for as long as she has.

That’s a lie. He did not follow the rules exactly. It’s selective enforcement. Did she lose her temper? Yes. But it’s obvious he was being sexist, and frankly, the fact that your not seeing this, or all the bullshit she’s constantly had to put up with shows your bias as well. Calling it “appalling”is borderline sexist and racist as well.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Flayer posted:

Given the fact that Serena's opponent was also a women of colour (black Haitian father/Japanese mother) and she's the one who benefited from the decision I don't see how the ref is supposed to be racist or sexist.

Racist to Serena, her opponent did a great job, and deserved the win. Jumping into the game the way he did tainted a win that was already there for the other player.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Bardeh posted:

you are a crazy person

No. Calling me so doesn’t take away from the fact that is fairly obvious that was what happened. Is it so hard to see that she was both in the wrong (for losing her temper) and the reff was completely out of line for penalizing her? The fact that there’s an obvious racial and sexist component to all of this is well... obvious, and trying to gaslight me for calling it out doesn’t take away from the point.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So... there you have it. Lot of sexists in this threat. :nono:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

She was just fined $17,000 too. Yes, a lot of you defending the umpire or saying she’s to blame for this are being sexist.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Veskit posted:

Holy poo poo do you guys not understand what I mean by it's an enforcement issue?

They don’t because they are Sexist trump voters.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It’s fun seeing how many racist people in here think they know what they are talking about while doubling down and continue to be racist while plenty of people of color and actual sports experts explain why it was racism and bad calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Her opponent doesn't matter because it's not that the umpire wanted to gift a slam to a white person, it's that he created the appearance of punishing "uppity" behavior that has been excused in other circumstances

Exactly.

• Locked thread