Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

To be clear, the first violation was because Serena's coach DID give her coaching. He told her to come in more, which she did, which helped her win a number of points.

Serena assumed it was about her asking for coaching but it doesn't matter. The player always gets the penalty even if the coach acts alone.

The second violation is pretty obvious for smashing a racquet.

The third violation is not specifically about calling the umpire a thief. It's because she WOULD NOT SHUT UP about it and kept berating the umpire even 2 games later.

so it was basically a prolonged tantrum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

LionArcher posted:

Not true. The golden state warriors constantly do and if they were reffed by the same rules Green would be kicked out of 70% of his games.

every non-gsw fan on planet earth would contribute to a gofundme to buy a sports car for the hero that ejects draymond green from a finals game

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i think there's some cross-talk between whether the rule was unusually enforced and whether that enforcement should be unusual. I don't know about the first because I'm a Grand Slam Watcher but as to the latter I can only pray this happens to Djokovic someday

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

LionArcher posted:

It’s fun seeing how many racist people in here think they know what they are talking about while doubling down and continue to be racist while plenty of people of color and actual sports experts explain why it was racism and bad calls.

you posted skip bayless dude

• Locked thread