Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Hmmm Serena's losing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I dont know how you could possible argue the third penalty

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shneak posted:

That was the most insane tennis match I've ever seen :stare:

I hope this doesn't traumatize Osaka. This should have been the best moment of her life and it's tarnished.
No one will care in 10 minutes, least of all her

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I don't think so. Her championship was just irrevocably tainted. No one is gonna remember this as the day Naomi Osaka reached the top. It's going to be "Remember that time the ump blatantly screwed Serena?"
That's really loving stupid, dude.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Vengarr posted:

It's the truth. I knew someone would come back with a blistering "BUT THAT'S NOT HOW IT SHOULD BE!", but it is, and it happens all the time. The ump inserted himself into the match, and as a result, he took away from Osaka's accomplishment.

It's not fair to Osaka at all, because she was more than a match for Serena. Bad feelings all around.
She's some crazy person who's been training 16 hours a day since she was 3 years old and just achieved her dream where she demonstrably outplayed her idol and won many millions of dollars with millions more to come. The idea that this'll affect her at all come next year is lunacy. Clijsters won in 2009 against Serena in similar circumstances and get this; it did not affect her at all.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
To say the obvious, I hope Djokovic falls apart mentally and physically.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Wonder why the crowd dislikes the guy who screams his head off at them all the time.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Cornflakes posted:

i think he’s usually screaming at his box
Can someone mix some Xanax with his Stanozolol. Geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It would be one thing if old people just kept winning, but it's a little different when they're dominate these long rallies that are a lot more common in tennis now where they run around forever and never get tired either in the point or in the match and keep getting better at it as they cross into their 30s.

• Locked thread