Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nick can now continue his Twitter beef with that Ben Rothenberg twat.

I just checked out his Twitter account. Why does he dislike Kyrgios that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's probably fine for the health of the sport of tennis that all the good players are 58 years old. Great sport

Pilates in the morning. Bible studies in the evening. True legends. #blessed

edit:

From a Wertheim article on last night's loss:

quote:

Millman’s game was no revelation to Federer. In fact, Federer has often summoned Millman as a sparring partner. It’s fair to wonder whether this relationship had an impact on the match. Spend days practicing with another player and you learn their patterns and preferences. Beyond that, hang with a guy for a few days and, inevitably, his mystique starts to erode. As Millman said afterward, “I’ve never played anyone’s reputation...if you do that you start behind the eight ball right away.”

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Osaka was better and on her way to winning anyway. Serena is still awesome and the GOAT. On her being perceived as some sort of classless bully: people are celebrating John McEnroe, „such a character!“, to this day, a guy who abused umpires and linesmen too many times to count. What happened yesterday absolutely had to do with her being a woman talking poo poo to the ref. But a piece like the one by Sally Jenkins in the Washington Post goes too far when she concludes that we will never know whether or not Osaka could have won without the incident. I strongly disagree with that.

• Locked thread