Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Spencer Hall did FOUR essays this year on different SEC mascots. The LSU one is incredible.
https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/platform/amp/2018/8/30/17799866/tiger

This is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shappa posted:

I was reading a story about Harbaugh today and I have this thought in my head that he's actually never won a game of any significance at Michigan in the three years he's been head coach. I'm sure someone here can confirm/deny that faster than I can search through three years of Michigan boxscores, is my brain telling me the correct thing or did he actually put up some big wins in the first couple years?

He's 1-5 against rivals (the one win being against a 3-9 team) and their biggest bowl game was an Orange Bowl loss. I guess they beat the hell out of Penn State a couple years ago but he hasn't finished above 3rd in the east.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good read: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/willie-taggart-the-expectation

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Jivesauce posted:

This is at least the second time I've seen this same basic phrase this offseason (I think last time was a cheetah) and it makes me laugh every time because anyone that has spent any time at all around animals knows that yes, they absolutely do stretch when they get up from laying around.

Pretty sure its a line from the movie Zombieland but about a lion.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Henchman of Santa posted:

Spencer Hall did FOUR essays this year on different SEC mascots. The LSU one is incredible.
https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/platform/amp/2018/8/30/17799866/tiger

I really want to be able to write stuff like this without totally plagiarizing Spencer but I'm not sure if I can. I still think about Broke a lot (pay them their goddamned money).

All four are good but the LSU one is just great. I had no idea about Les Miles and Mike VI, that's definitely stranger-than-fiction material

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Emron posted:

Mods? MODS???

Mod here, how can I help?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Who y'all got for the first hilarious upset of the year?

Boise State losing to Troy, right?

Boise probably shouldn't be more than a single digit favorite in that one

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shappa posted:

I was reading a story about Harbaugh today and I have this thought in my head that he's actually never won a game of any significance at Michigan in the three years he's been head coach. I'm sure someone here can confirm/deny that faster than I can search through three years of Michigan boxscores, is my brain telling me the correct thing or did he actually put up some big wins in the first couple years?

That 49-10 win over Penn State in 2016 was retroactively important at the end of that season.
He's beaten Michigan State once I think

2016 was a drat good season overall, they just ran out of gas at the end in some really close games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 31, 2018

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

Make it so Alabama never wins again

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Alabama takes so little joy in winning that I really find it hard to hate them too much. My contempt for fans of the other 129 teams, and for humanity in general far exceeds my contempt for Nick Saban.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Shappa posted:

They beat Ohio State one year before the refs rigged the spot of the ball.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

That 49-10 win over Penn State in 2016 was retroactively important at the end of that season.
He's beaten Michigan State once I think

2016 was a drat good season overall, they just ran out of gas at the end in some really close games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team

Yeah they demolsihed the eventual conference champion and beat a Top 10 Wisconsin team, those seem like big wins.

Couldn't tackle Akrum Wadley tho

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

good evening, fuckers. Clayton Thorson is BACK

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Bitch

(Amazing game Towson)

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Good to be back with you tff

David ash makes his triumphant return on Saturday against Maryland

Took 2 years to recover from his brain damage but we back

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

buddhanc posted:

Good to be back with you tff

David ash makes his triumphant return on Saturday against Maryland

Took 2 years to recover from his brain damage but we back

darrel royal echoes with the whispers of quarterbacks concussed

"...................bbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttcccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh.............................."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

purdue has a freshman receiver named rondale moore who is going to absolutely tear poo poo up for the next few years, he's like 5'8" and can't be tackled, he broke the school's record for total yardage in his first college football game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

purdue has a freshman receiver named rondale moore who is going to absolutely tear poo poo up for the next few years, he's like 5'8" and can't be tackled, he broke the school's record for total yardage in his first college football game

He very nearly broke it in his first college half

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

yesss I was just coming to ask who's y'all's unknown player story you're looking forward to this year

Prompted by another fantastic article at the Athletic, Noah Igbinoghene, WR turned CB for Auburn unexpectedly won a starting job. Father was a Nigerian chess champion and world-class triple jumper, mother an Olympic medalist sprinter. Some amazing quotes in the piece about how the focus and midair reaction of triple jumping is just like playing DB. Super interested how this works out.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Scionix posted:

darrel royal echoes with the whispers of quarterbacks concussed

"...................bbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttcccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh.............................."

Ready coach

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

R.D. Mangles posted:

I got Curtis Samuel ethers watching him last night. Dude just gets to speed and can't be slowed--not many scatbacks with that much power. It's a shame that Sinedlar is butt. Guy seems completely incapable of not just chucking it up when he's in trouble, and he can't figure out a hook zone to save his life, yet he has one of the scarier slot guys the Big Ten has seen in a while.

I also loved that I literally couldn't tell between Green and Thorson last night for NW. Whatever process Wisconsin has for RBs and line, NW seems to have for identical QBs. Are we sure Dan Persa isn't still there?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
TWELVE HOURS UNTIL KICKOFF AND I ALREADY SAW BUCKY

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

iospace posted:

Oh, it was dreadful! Truly dreadful! I was skipping through the primrose garden when the nasty chimney sweep boy from down the lane, iospace is his name I believe, yelled awful things about Alabama and slapped the sweet Father gave me from my very hand!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FSU (RS)F QB Bailey Hockman to transfer. Not too surprising.

Edit: FSU has 2 QBs now.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 31, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

I got Curtis Samuel ethers watching him last night. Dude just gets to speed and can't be slowed--not many scatbacks with that much power. It's a shame that Sinedlar is butt. Guy seems completely incapable of not just chucking it up when he's in trouble, and he can't figure out a hook zone to save his life, yet he has one of the scarier slot guys the Big Ten has seen in a while.

I also loved that I literally couldn't tell between Green and Thorson last night for NW. Whatever process Wisconsin has for RBs and line, NW seems to have for identical QBs. Are we sure Dan Persa isn't still there?

Green seems a lot more stationary than they usually are. Thorson pre-knee injury was pretty quick, he was a way better runner than passer early in his career.

https://twitter.com/FRYfest/status/1035307045766025216?s=19

Bobby Stoops rocking the hell out of that divorced uncle goatee.

Iowa brought back as much of the insane 83 staff as they could for the first game of the year (Bill Snyder is obviously a little busy on Saturdays and I think Hayden was too sick to make it back). Hopefully they get to celebrate Kirk passing Hayden as the school's winningest coach.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 31, 2018

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Posted in the GDT, but in case any of you needed a rooting interest for SDSU at Stanford:

https://twitter.com/jongsanders/status/909304321577181184?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

FSU (RS)F QB Bailey Hockman to transfer. Not too surprising.

Edit: FSU has 2 QBs now.

I look forward to seeing him on Last Chance U

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I posted this in the GDT but:

https://twitter.com/DawgNation/status/1035517353918906368

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Stanford is typically bad in August and September, and I respect SDSU and am rooting for them and wish this weird thing would go away where I really like Stanford football against all logical reason.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

There are some rumors this is the new turnover chain. I think I like last year's better, but this is still amazingly gaudy. I still wish it had the pipe though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The other one looked so much better

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
its no turnover dumpster that's for sure

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The bird is a good bird, they should use it instead of a lame boring letter whenever possible. The dumb letter has never posed menacingly with fire arms or set off illicit fire extinguishers, that was the bird. The letter just sits there looking like a V that doesn't work out enough. It belongs is the trash can with the Tennessee turnovers, if you ask me

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 31, 2018

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MourningView posted:

The bird is a good bird, they should use it instead of a lame boring letter whenever possible. The dumb letter has never posed menacingly with fire arms or set off illicit fire extinguishers, that was the bird. The letter just sits there looking like a V that doesn't work out enough. It belong is the trash can with the Tennessee turnovers, if you ask me

I hate Miami, but yeah letters are dumb, swag bird is better.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

It needs the pipe though to be truly great.

people rooting for LSU are rooting against stuff like this coming back:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That fight bird is way better than any gamecock don’t @ me :colbert:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'd love for Washington to play Miami again in the next couple years, those past games had a nice give and take where Miami would stomp the poo poo out of us and then we'd end their record winning streaks

Good times

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dilber posted:

It needs the pipe though to be truly great.

people rooting for LSU are rooting against stuff like this coming back:

Miami hasn’t been cool in like 20 years, meanwhile LSU recently gave the world a decade of Les Miles doing Les Miles things.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Miami hasn’t been cool in like 20 years, meanwhile LSU recently gave the world a decade of Les Miles doing Les Miles things.

Sebastian broke the spear at FSU last year. The current guy in costume is pretty good, though he needs to draw the C-A-N-E-S chant out more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Les Miles was good like three times ever.

• Locked thread