Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

DJExile posted:

I got some bad news if you think that's restricted to just SEC coaches

I should've said all coaches just using the sec as a stereotype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraPG/status/1034132948096827394

Lost the starting battle to true frosh Adrian Martinez. That was quick.

Sad to see.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

buddhanc posted:

I should've said all coaches just using the sec as a stereotype

that's fair

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I dragged my fiancée to a hockey game last year and we were treated to something like "first Swedish born player to reach 500 points in less than 800 games under the age of 30" and she had entirely too many questions about how we could possibly know that or even begin to care.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

Feleipe Franks named Gators starting QB.

Has he put any weight on since last season, or is the UF/FSU rivalry all about skinny QBs now?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

LeeMajors posted:

Just getting around to the new season of Last Chance U - holy poo poo, Malik Henry and that coach are loving annoying douchebags. gently caress.

Finished it last night, by the end the coach I think sorta mellows a bit and figures it out, he gets better. Henry not so much dude is a piece of work start to finish. Feel a little bad for him in that he clearly would have rather played baseball and feels indebted to his dad for pushing him into it, but drat still a dick.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Jalen Hurts named "co-starter." loving fantastic

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ehud posted:

Feleipe Franks named Gators starting QB.

-This offense utterly confounds me.
-We have the playbook for it.
-Feleipe is standing on it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scionix posted:

They're gonna come out in a 2-QB set from the shotgun and it's gonna own

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Emron posted:

Quadruple read run pass option

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ehud posted:

This is about a recruit, but more people need to celebrate the name of this young man

https://twitter.com/horns247/status/1033860457621344262

San Antonio native, inventor of the Booty Knife

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Well, if you squint you can see the outlines of a black shirt

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Emron posted:

Or, get this, and stay with me here, we could start the one that came off the bench and won the natty, and also can throw the ball to receivers.

FIRE NICK SABAN

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scionix posted:

Or, get this, and stay with me here, we could start the one that came off the bench and won the natty, and also can throw the ball to receivers.

FIRE NICK SABAN

You know how weird Nick is about not leading any info via depth charts. He probably just wants to keep it a surprise until the last minute

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Odd that Pruitt also named co-starters for UT :thunk:

Guarantano will start against WVU and it'll be his to lose

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Do we really need a score ticker for sports networks anymore in a time when everyone has a second screen already?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Do we really need a score ticker for sports networks anymore in a time when everyone has a second screen already?

no, especially not one that's twice as big.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Scionix posted:

This is where programs start to circle the drain

Wrap it up alabamailures

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Real Name Grover posted:

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraPG/status/1034132948096827394

Lost the starting battle to true frosh Adrian Martinez. That was quick.

And he's no longer enrolled in classes. Fare thee well, Tristan

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tua is gonna throw three picks in a half or something at some point and they're immediately gonna go back to grinding out 24-14 wins with Hurts.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pakled posted:

-Feleipe is standing on it.

No one else is gonna give you credit for this, so bravo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

MourningView posted:

Tua is gonna throw three picks in a half or something at some point and they're immediately gonna go back to grinding out 24-14 wins with Hurts.

This is the most realistic Tua post anyone has made.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Where the gently caress did that come from

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

SmellsLikeToast posted:

This is the most realistic Tua post anyone has made.

MV was posting in the NCG game day thread about how Tua was not very good/a fluke in real time as he was carving up your top 5 defense

im telling yall, the sooner you mentally prepare urself, the easier its gonna be

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

On the other hand, print the shirts

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Tua is the next Garrett Gilbert

Heard it here first so make sure.you quote this mercilessly and destroy me all season as he leads them to another natty

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I didn't say he was bad just not as good as the hype he had coming out of the game and that he made a lot of decisions that made me see why Saban stuck with Hurts. I think Saban mostly wants a QB who isn't going to turn the ball over or gently caress up too much because his natural inclination is to win with defense and the running game

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

MourningView posted:

I didn't say he was bad just not as good as the hype he had coming out of the game and that he made a lot of decisions that made me see why Saban stuck with Hurts. I think Saban mostly wants a QB who isn't going to turn the ball over or gently caress up too much because his natural inclination is to win with defense and the running game

I am going to quote this post and type "lol" every game of this season. thank u

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

buddhanc posted:

Tua is the next Garrett Gilbert

Heard it here first so make sure.you quote this mercilessly and destroy me all season as he leads them to another natty

garret gilbert was concussed so hard so repeatedly his soul flew into sam ellinger, cursing him to also be forever concussed

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Let's face it, Tua will be able to fun-sling and scramble at will against all but the best opponents.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scionix posted:

MV was posting in the NCG game day thread about how Tua was not very good/a fluke in real time as he was carving up your top 5 defense

im telling yall, the sooner you mentally prepare urself, the easier its gonna be

Cardale Jones pt 2 I guess?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Let's face it, Tua will be able to fun-sling and scramble at will against all but the best opponents.

I mean yeah I think they're gonna win a bunch either way. They won a title with loving Jake Coker

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

You had best root against Tua because of the insufferable pun work that will come from the fan base of he gets to the NCG again and wins, uh, two of them.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
the numerous enemies of alabama athletics grow confident over the offseason....

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scionix posted:

the numerous enemies of alabama athletics grow confident over the offseason....

The forum is grey and full of bad posters

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://www.prweek.com/article/1491030/sources-baylor-used-mole-aid-comms-during-sexual-assault-crisis

quote:

Baylor University infiltrated sexual assault survivor groups to shape PR strategy and talking points on how to handle the groups and student demonstrations, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

quote:

One source familiar with the matter identified the "mole" as Matt Burchett, director of student activities at Baylor, whose job is to coordinate student pursuits such as picnics, parties, and demonstrations. The source said Burchett, acting as a liaison with university officials, played damage control on their behalf.

Burchett helped to arrange demonstrations for survivor groups and passed on what he learned to school officials and the communications department, sources said.

"Baylor had – I don’t know what else you’d call it – a mole that would interact with survivor groups," said the source.

When these groups organized on campus to comfort each other and demand action from former chancellor Kenneth Starr, "[Burchett] would coordinate with them, befriend them, and pretend he was helping them organize vigils and demonstrations [about] sexual assault," the source added.

Burchett would pass on what he learned to school officials, the communications department, and Ketchum, the source added. In an email described to PRWeek, Kevin Jackson, VP of student life and Burchett’s supervisor, said the director of student activities was "adept at this kind of thing."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I can't even muster up any sort of emotion for that because it's so unbelievable. I'm gobsmacked.

• Locked thread