Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I made a joke about him being Cleveland's next coach but I suppose it's one of the possibilities, if the Hue stays awful and if Green Bay gets tired of fat Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's the Bovada odds on the first coach to be fired

code:
Hue Jackson +350
Dirk Koetter +450
Adam Gase +550
Vance Joseph +650
Marvin Lewis +1200
Todd Bowles +1200
Jay Gruden +1600
Bill O'Brien +2200
Jason Garrett +2200
John Harbaugh +2200
Pete Carroll +2200
If you wanna make some money and root for a total Cowboys meltdown then Garrett seems like a tempting bet there

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's going to be Vance or Koetter. Hue has dirt on Haslam.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Benne posted:

code:
Hue Jackson +350
Dirk Koetter +450
Adam Gase +550
Vance Joseph +650
Marvin Lewis +1200
Todd Bowles +1200
Jay Gruden +1600
Bill O'Brien +2200
Jason Garrett +2200
John Harbaugh +2200
Pete Carroll +2200
If you wanna make some money and root for a total Cowboys meltdown then Garrett seems like a tempting bet there

Gase survives screaming culture change and Tanny wasn't his QB.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

It seems a 100 on the three coaches after Hue seem like solid bets.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Marv and Garret should be in a special category imo. They're both locks until current ownership literally dies.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Eifert Posting posted:

Marv and Garret should be in a special category imo. They're both locks until current ownership literally dies.

I seriously doubt that for Garrett. If the cowboys start poorly he’s gone by thanksgiving. In my opinion he should’ve been ousted years ago. Garrett sucks.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Gase survives screaming culture change and Tanny wasn't his QB.

my man

You must be very unaware of Dolphins footbaw under Gase

He literally said he would jump on a grenade for Tannehill lol

Ain’t no walking that one back if things don’t work out this year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

very stable genius posted:

I seriously doubt that for Garrett. If the cowboys start poorly he’s gone by thanksgiving. In my opinion he should’ve been ousted years ago. Garrett sucks.

Garrett should have part of his salary tithed to Tony Romo for the rest of his career, 'cause he would've lost his job years ago if it wasn't for him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ehud posted:

my man

You must be very unaware of Dolphins footbaw under Gase

He literally said he would jump on a grenade for Tannehill lol

Ain’t no walking that one back if things don’t work out this year.

I'm aware but I think he bought himself some time with that culture change crap. Admittedly I'm not that plugged into the franchise.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna lol forever if FitzMagic ends up saving Koetter's job

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I legit love to see Fitzpatrick succeed.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's Mike Smith who needs to be watching his rear end right now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Man, do not hire Panthers DCs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
OK I definitely should've put Fat Mike in Mild

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If Rodgers dies there's no way Mike survives

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Even before Rodgers was injured, the team just looks so slow and listless. We're likely seeing Fat Mike's last year.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Aaron is taking a page out of his GF's playbook

A DNF isn't technically a loss.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
McDermott's seat probably got a bit warmer too because he insisted on The Nathan Peterman Experience 2.0.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LabyaMynora posted:

Even before Rodgers was injured, the team just looks so slow and listless. We're likely seeing Fat Mike's last year.

And honestly it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

"The quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be", lmao.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

iospace posted:

He's toast if they don't make it.

They're not making it, it's over

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

axeil posted:

McDermott's seat probably got a bit warmer too because he insisted on The Nathan Peterman Experience 2.0.

I don't see any reason to believe Allen will be better.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Bills got so thirsty for a tall white QB they forgot to give him a line or decent receivers. Allen is being completely set up for failure this year.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Benne posted:

The Bills got so thirsty for a tall white QB they forgot to give him a line or decent receivers. Allen is being completely set up for failure this year.
In fact, trading away Cordy Glenn(starting LT who missed much of last year due to injury) was how we traded up with the Bengals!
I mean, who needs linemen or wide receivers anyway?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cavallingus posted:

I think Nagy will surprise people

Raku posted:

Out of the coaches that aren't 1-31 or in their 80th year I think McDermott's the one who's rear end is going to heat up the fastest. The team totally sold Allen as the new Jim Kelly to its fanbase, but is going into this season with an overrated defense that isn't even considered that good, a loving disaster at o-line, and a fatass wide receiver and octogenarian, criminal stud of a RB as their only real offensive assets. The Bills are going to be a goddamned disaster.

These were pretty good guesses

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, Fat Mike is definitely mild, at least. Rodgers may have bailed him out last night, but the O-line has serious issues, at least at the start of the game, though the D seemed to gel over the course of the game.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Fire Matt Nagy :v:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

axeil posted:

People keep laying the QB situation at Mcdermott's feet but I can't help but feel like there's got to be someone over him who keeps loving with things. The notion that anyone with even a remote grasp of football would look at that qb room and say "we're good" is baffling. I just cannot wrap my head around this situation unless there's some meddling by the Pegulas or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

People keep laying the QB situation at Mcdermott's feet but I can't help but feel like there's got to be someone over him who keeps loving with things. The notion that anyone with even a remote grasp of football would look at that qb room and say "we're good" is baffling. I just cannot wrap my head around this situation unless there's some meddling by the Pegulas or something.

Wasn't McDermott the guy who decided to play Peterman over Tyrod in that disastrous game last year?

I guess if I buy into the idea that he's not in control of these decisions possibly not, but...man. If that decision came from above him and the roster spots/trades are also coming from above him he has no option other than to quit and distance himself from this whole operation.

I honestly found myself feeling bad for the Bills yesterday that they had traded AJ McCarron and I am neither Hue Jackson nor Raku.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I dunno. McCarron, Peterman and Allen are all very bad players. They drafted Allen and believe him to be their future, why they don't just play him so he can start improving... I guess they just believe he's way too raw.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They drafted Allen and believe him to be their future, why they don't just play him so he can start improving... I guess they just believe he's way too raw.

Im worried for him behind that O-Line

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I dunno. McCarron, Peterman and Allen are all very bad players. They drafted Allen and believe him to be their future, why they don't just play him so he can start improving... I guess they just believe he's way too raw.

Allen took like 3 sacks and 5 hits in limited action. I think they are (rightly) afraid of David Carr'ing him.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Would you want your rookie QB playing behind an offensive line like this, throwing to receivers who couldn’t separate from nursing home residents?
I mean, the Bills probably aren’t quite this bad, but they didn’t even look like they belonged on the same field as the Ravens.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I said before the season started that this first slate of three Bills games meet the very narrow set of criteria where I would advocate sitting the rookie because David Carr.

I changed my mind after yesterday. The entire team will regress if Nathan Peterman keeps taking snaps.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe the Bills shouldn't have traded Cordy Glenn if they were so worried about their offensive line that they can't play their new QB.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe the Bills shouldn't have traded Tyrod Taylor or Sammy Watkins or let Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin walk or draft Josh Allen, while we're at it.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Yes their cunning strategy of tanking while you're already bad seems to not be working.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

iospace posted:

Also, Fat Mike is definitely mild, at least. Rodgers may have bailed him out last night, but the O-line has serious issues, at least at the start of the game, though the D seemed to gel over the course of the game.

The offensive line got a lot better too, although partially because they played uptempo no huddle.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Quiet Feet posted:

I think he just knows Allen needs a few months to a year of sitting on the bench to ensure his development and the front office didn't provide him with any other reasonable options. I bet they'd have gone to McCarron if he were still on the roster to protect Allen

Benne posted:

has anyone said Bovada deez nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So ... the Matt Patricia honeymoon was fun while it lasted