Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Set that seat on fire, then take a torch to the ashes too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Immediately hiring the mind behind the (statistically) worst defensive performance in Super Bowl history and then getting 50 dropped on you at home in your first game is some loving poetry.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
jets

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm not gonna do updated rankings after just one week because, well, duh. (Remember when Sam Bradford boatraced the Saints in Week 1 last year and we all thought Payton was toast?) But there's a lot of guys who have something to prove in September, and a lot of questions still unanswered. Cause y'know, one game and all.

I'll do a more basic tea-leaves reading with another week of sample size.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

C-Euro posted:

Immediately hiring the mind behind the (statistically) worst defensive performance in Super Bowl history and then getting 50 dropped on you at home in your first game is some loving poetry.
How long is Patricia under contract?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leon Einstein posted:

How long is Patricia under contract?

4 years. Not that it matters. If they play like this and go like 3-13 or whatever, he'll get fired.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

4 years. Not that it matters. If they play like this and go like 3-13 or whatever, he'll get fired.

Quin too, probably. A lot of his draft picks are looking like they're not panning out, Patricia was his guy, and Martha Ford is much less patient than her husband.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I forgot that Quinn had been here since 2015, I thought he started in 2016 or last year. Not a good start to year 3 my dude.

Since Belichek does a lot of personnel work for New England, can we technically count Quinn as part of the Belichek coaching tree?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is Matt Patricia's seat scalding yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

is Matt Patricia's seat scalding yet

Next week's gonna be very telling

Like I said in a different thread, this was their easiest game on the schedule until literally the Bills in loving mid-December. Week 2 they play the 49ers (on a short week because of this Monday game), if they can win or at least keep it close there might be some hope. If it's another blowout, that's that. Hard to overcome getting destroyed on even the easier-looking parts of the schedule

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Alabama would beat the Lions or bills this year don't @ me

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Patricia is really as much of a dud as last night suggested, then there's no way Quinn survives. This is the guy he's wanted for years, and nearly the entire roster is full of his draft picks and free agent signings. He's running out of excuses.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
At least Patricia is cutting right to the chase in being lovely instead of putting up the facade of being a competent coach like McDaniels did

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
patricia will be fired when we lose by 100 to the pats

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh poo poo the Lions do play the Pats this month lol.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Clearly Patricia is just trying to lure his former boss into a false sense of security by tanking his first two games. When the Patriots come to town, that's when the real playbook comes out!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Oh poo poo the Lions do play the Pats this month lol.

Yeah, 2 weeks from now, lol. First we find out how much of last week was Texans oline bad / our oline good with the loving Jaguars death front, then we get the Lions and Dolphins and then Edelman comes back and they start scoring 40 points a game for awhile.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
He is trying to be a mini Belichick hardass

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1039613091619713025?s=21

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Never go full McDaniels

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

First of all, good.

Secondly, lol remember when that was a news article in training camp about how some writer was mad about making them run sprints?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

patricia will be fired when we lose by 100 to the pats

why would he be fired for doing his job :confused:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm not sure why any Belichick discipline seriously thinks that will work (aside from the obvious: they're dumb with over-inflated egos).

From the rare times NE players will really talk about it, it sounds like a lot of veterans in NE are just barely willing to put up with BB being as much of a hardass as he is despite his success. You can also see with guys like Carroll just how fast you lose the locker room with a grating coaching style once the success stops.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
One day teams will stop tripping over themselves to hire Belichick failsons. Today is not that day.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

First of all, good.

Secondly, lol remember when that was a news article in training camp about how some writer was mad about making them run sprints?

Is there still any source on this other than that dumbass Carlos Monarrez article?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Is there still any source on this other than that dumbass Carlos Monarrez article?

It's in the replies. Unless it's the same article source.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1039615575625003009

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bill "It's not my job to call timeout on a questionable play within the last two minutes" O'Brien should also be getting the axe sooner or later

I'm so happy the Giants decided not to hire a Pats coordinator

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think that's the one I'm referring to and of all the things to get mad at coaches about : trying to instill discipline in teams that are sloppy as poo poo doesn't qualify.

Like yeah, Patricia may suck out loud and fail, but that won't be why.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diva Cupcake posted:

Except you could argue that they're just trash and Patricia was doing everything he could to get some improvement out of them, to no avil. He didn't "flat out call" poo poo and this is honestly insanely dumb

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

This collapse is definitely unsurprising

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Bill "It's not my job to call timeout on a questionable play within the last two minutes" O'Brien should also be getting the axe sooner or later

I'm so happy the Giants decided not to hire a Pats coordinator

Instead they hired stale bread in a suit.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

C-Euro posted:

BUT HE'S A ROCKET SCIENTIST :downs:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Diqnol posted:

Instead they hired stale bread in a suit.

Stale bread isn’t a rapist. They’d be better off with stale bread.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

very stable genius posted:

Stale bread isn’t a rapist. They’d be better off with stale bread.

I meant Giants Head Coach Pat Shurmur

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Diqnol posted:

I meant Giants Head Coach Pat Shurmur

Ah my bad. There was so much Lions chat on this page I kinda just skipped what you quoted.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Kalli posted:

I think that's the one I'm referring to and of all the things to get mad at coaches about : trying to instill discipline in teams that are sloppy as poo poo doesn't qualify.

Like yeah, Patricia may suck out loud and fail, but that won't be why.

I’ll readily admit that I am extremely biased against Patricia because of the sexual assault allegations, but forcing everyone to run to “instill discipline” comes off as some extremely bush league poo poo. I don’t think a few instances of it is necessarily bad, but if it happened so often that an agent was able to accurately predict this opening day meltdown, then it sounds like Patricia has no idea how to balance motivation and discipline his team. That combined with the way he just stood there staring last night as his team was destroyed by the Jets is quickly painting a picture of a guy who has no idea how to coach in the NFL.

But again, extremely biased take here.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

houstonguy posted:

I’ll readily admit that I am extremely biased against Patricia because of the sexual assault allegations, but forcing everyone to run to “instill discipline” comes off as some extremely bush league poo poo. I don’t think a few instances of it is necessarily bad, but if it happened so often that an agent was able to accurately predict this opening day meltdown, then it sounds like Patricia has no idea how to balance motivation and discipline his team. That combined with the way he just stood there staring last night as his team was destroyed by the Jets is quickly painting a picture of a guy who has no idea how to coach in the NFL.

But again, extremely biased take here.

I refuse to believe fatass Danny Shelton does actual running for Bill.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Every time they cut to a video of him he was just standing there shell shocked like he just saw his entire platoon blown up. He looked completely lost.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I think he could probably also get away with making the players run more easily if his BMI was below 40

Like the last person I want telling me I'm soft and need to run a lap is some motherfucker that looks like George RR Martin with a darker beard

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
He also had a pencil tucked into his ear even though he was holding a laminated play sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Adun posted:

He also had a pencil tucked into his ear even though he was holding a laminated play sheet

Hey don't tell a rocket scientist how to football