Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Docjowles posted:

See: the Lions steamrolling New England outta nowhere, who then went on to be the only team to handle the Chiefs

You can't call what the Pats did "handling" the Chiefs. more like barely weathered the loving storm. If Mahomes is less jittery, hits 2 of his overthrows OR the chiefs sack Brady one more times, the Chiefs win that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So if KC won that game would you say they "weathered" NE?

I'd say they SAVAGELY CRUSHED and DESTROYED the CHEATRIOTS and tom "ligma balls" brady like & subscribe

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

indigi posted:

in a vacuum I totally understand that, but a lot of times it comes with a really lovely work environment and a meddling boss. idk why you'd seek that out

because theyre type-a lunatics

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers DC might be gone by monday.

yeah this is a firing game

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is that what he's doing now that he is done with football? I saw him in an episode of, I think, "Leverage" like 6 or 7 years ago now?

well hes got like 60 million dollars so what he does is probably whatever the gently caress he wanna do

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Anthony Lynn coach of the year who says no

i really think lynn has the strongest argument. who saw the chargers, even in midseason, as seriously potential candidates for the afc 1 seed??

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly I blame more the coordinators who are so godawful in comparison to Tomlin.

I also hate the take that anything the Steelers accomplish is on the team whereas Tomlin is just a "cheerleader" and that he only won the Superbowl because of Bill Cowher.

they only won a superbowl because of james harrison and an insanely lucky catch in the end zone

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

the steelers have probably the third most entitled shitbag fanbase in all sports. pats are #1, yankees are #2 and pittsburgh is #3

not in the super bowl every year? FIRE HIM

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

The mid-2000's bengals are the poster child for always take the weed guy though. Since the coaches were the scouts, they'd end up taking every guy who fell in the draft for personal issues, which sometimes worked out, and sometimes gave them Chris Henry.

Chris Henry was coming into his own until he met his ultimate nemesis, Back of Truck

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Hue Jackson strikes me as the kind of coach who's better suited to being given no specific role other than to help struggling players at just about any position but not any actual responsibility game planning or calling plays.

The Bengals O was really good, and a broken hand away from a deep AFC playoff run, when he was calling plays.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

Seriously, though, after one season Rodgers is going to hold out for a trade. gently caress McDaniels and gently caress the idiots who are even thinking about hiring him.

At this point I'd rather have Jim Caldwell than McDaniels or Gase.

Jim Caldwell and an innovative OC would be pretty good imo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

I wonder if Brady has ever told McDaniels, Shut the gently caress up Josh

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

no like in a meeting, mcdaniels chirps up when brady and belichek are talking, and brady is just like, shut the gently caress up josh!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

People keep throwing around “well-respected” when talking about Hackett and I can’t for the life of me figure out why

Is it literally just because of his dad?

means he's white

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Flikken posted:

Andy Reid, offensive genius who once promoted his OL coach to DC is bad at defense?

bad at personnel, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

woops wrong thread

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 4, 2019