Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a room open for anyone who's hunting in GU tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zinogre theme is the fuckin best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auE4CYwszco

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Monster Hunter Generations will always be very win to me because I really like the different villages and their themes. I especially like Pokke Village, which was in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, the first one I played. Having the two analog sticks on the Vita meant that playing it was fine.

Please take the time to enjoy the serenity that is the Pokke Village theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ90ljliEzU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1036387349167464448

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Playing this all day

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I have to do the solo quests to raise my hr don’t I?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No, HR is an online only thing. The villages and online ranks are separate progressions, I'm almost G rank online and I only have 2-Star villages because I've only been playing online. It makes getting gear I want harder though bc I have to hope random people are cool with me fighting the same monster a few times.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Woke up at 5 am this morning to play for 3 hours before work ftw.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I finally beat the Maccao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I find this one really annoying.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

Woke up at 5 am this morning to play for 3 hours before work ftw.

Nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I find this one really annoying.

Generations Ultimate or the Macao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Generaitons so far.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
just bought this because gently caress it i am digging the gently caress out of world and allegedly this one is more hardcore.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

just bought this because gently caress it i am digging the gently caress out of world and allegedly this one is more hardcore.

It's almost to a fault if you ask me. Killing the Macao felt like a huge chore. I hope it's just cuz Lance is a fail weapon against it and the other monsters are better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's just old MH with arcadey additions in the style/arts system, along with the old offline/online split progression, which is the worst part about it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn't really get into any until World.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah there's a reason World was way more popular than recent entries. The systems in GU are like 90% still just holdovers from the first PS2 game, they really didn't change the game at all for 15 years. I had to learn a lot of annoying crap when I played 4U and then eventually got bored but I can't stop playing GU since I already dealt with the annoying bits mentally and have just been hunting for ages.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I do like that it has the vibe and sensibilities of a ambitious PS2 game, but their also really hard to enjoy while also playing through World lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would have loved it in the PS2 era, especially if I was still a kid. But so far when I think about the future of the game there's more dread than a feeling like it'll be worth having to go back to a PS2 mindset.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I figured out how to get cats so it's not as bad anymore.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

finished the new content in world so i'm probably gonna buy this soon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

finished the new content in world so i'm probably gonna buy this soon.

Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Making weapons is more of a pain in GU compared to world. You could get like 95% through every tree in world with leftovers from other hunts, and only the very last upgrade would need a gem or something. But basically every step of the way in this you need a 5% carve or a rare tail carve or a specific capture drop etc. It's pretty wild. The trade off is the insane weapon variety I guess.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Wormskull posted:

sounds like my life!! :D

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

b_d posted:

sounds like my life!! :D

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i figured out how to get CATS and all your base now are belong to us lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

trying to jack off posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

They're really good ans you can basically ignire a lot of the crafting with them and according to number 1 source of mh info GaijinHunter theor even stronger in mhg xx mark 4

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Heh cheers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

They're really good ans you can basically ignire a lot of the crafting with them and according to number 1 source of mh info GaijinHunter theor even stronger in mhg xx mark 4

My long term goal for the game is to become epic at it without the use of cats.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

It's almost to a fault if you ask me. Killing the Macao felt like a huge chore. I hope it's just cuz Lance is a fail weapon against it and the other monsters are better.

The easy poo poo monsters like macao and dromes are always annoying to fight for me because they're so small and jumpy, everything else has nice big haunches for me to tear into

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna stream some of this tonight since me and Hizke have hunted so much we're like a well trained tactical unit designed to destroy ecosystems.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
this game owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's indeed awesome. I hit G rank last night and spent today making a good thunder+ mixed set that I'll try to carry all the way through G4

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I’ve been busy ever since I got this game. Just got to HR 5. Can finally start going after the HR armor sets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The G2 Urgent Quest made me QQ baby rage when the 3rd guy me and Hizke were with died twice 25 minutes in.