Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
When we were playing last night, I went loving nuts when before a plesioth quest i had finally gotten some frogs so i told everyone don't aggro so i can fish him out. Not for any particular reason, just because I'd been wanting to do it. Any way, one of the dipshits in the lobby proceeds to watch me sneak to the area where i can fish plesioth out, i throw the frog lure into the water and i see a shot fly over my shoulder into the water. I spent the whole hunt upswinging that dumb motherfucking gunner and refused to hunt wirh him until he left. Not my finest moment, and in hindsight, what he did was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

When we were playing last night, I went loving nuts when before a plesioth quest i had finally gotten some frogs so i told everyone don't aggro so i can fish him out. Not for any particular reason, just because I'd been wanting to do it. Any way, one of the dipshits in the lobby proceeds to watch me sneak to the area where i can fish plesioth out, i throw the frog lure into the water and i see a shot fly over my shoulder into the water. I spent the whole hunt upswinging that dumb motherfucking gunner and refused to hunt wirh him until he left. Not my finest moment, and in hindsight, what he did was pretty funny.

Lol this was awesome. Also the same night we played with a guy on one of those awful siege missions where you shoot cannonballs at a slowly moving dragon for 20 minutes and about 2 minutes from the end of the mission this mother fucker carted and I was so pissed I threatened to uninstall the game. I opened a room called G2 Urgent Turns with the intention to bail after I finished mine first but I cooled down in the 20 minutes it took to watch fat dragon get assaulted with ballista arrows and explosions. So We did that mission 4 times in a row, for like 2 hours...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The calm freakout :stare:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dont do balista or cannonball missions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Dont do balista or cannonball missions

The G2 urgent in MHGU is one of these, so it's required to progress

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sounds like a good time to stop playing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Shooting the grank elder velocidrome and elder ku kat with a catapult for 20 minutes love walking between rock piles then in pops le wild elder corrupt khzu and hes immune to rocks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't stop now I need to unlock G Deviant Hyper Malfestio for the epic funny hat that makes you look like a PUA magician.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Shooting the grank elder velocidrome and elder ku kat with a catapult for 20 minutes love walking between rock piles then in pops le wild elder corrupt khzu and hes immune to rocks

lmfao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Should I play this or World

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im kind of a monster hunter noob, since i only played a couple dozen hrs of freedom unite which is 50 years old

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

World is better if you have less free time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By that I mean, not only is it just less involved in general, but you can get more out of it in a shorter time. If you have a lot of time and patience then this is probably better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just had 2 people quit via subquest midway through a Deviant hunt. Probably the most unforgivable poo poo I've seen yet in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

By that I mean, not only is it just less involved in general, but you can get more out of it in a shorter time. If you have a lot of time and patience then this is probably better.

Yeah I like GU more since it has a exponential more amount of stuff to do but World has better maps and is a streamlined version of everything cool about MH. It just doesn't have as much hunt variety in the end game but it will take dozens and dozens of hours to get there anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I can't stop now I need to unlock G Deviant Hyper Malfestio for the epic funny hat that makes you look like a PUA magician.

This fight is so loving fun. It's G rank Malfestio but he can summon the power of the moon to turn invisible for 15 seconds and do instakill divebombs from the air.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

world is much easier to get into. if you get it on ps4 it has 9 months worth of content added to it since release so there'ss a lot more monsters than there were at release.

i like mhgen on 3ds and genu is more of that but it also has a lot of the old annoying stuff

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

This fight is so loving fun. It's G rank Malfestio but he can summon the power of the moon to turn invisible for 15 seconds and do instakill divebombs from the air.

Tornado can work really well against like, hog riders, miners, or... other goblin barrels being thrown at your tower. But the inferno tower is what I gotta rely on... to BURN through the golems, BURN up the lava hounds, shoot down those big old pekkas, mega knights -- those guys have been all over the map recently! And even though zap is really good at resetting the inferno... I'm not really confident in the tesla yet. It's just not big enough! You know that little two by two building -- it sometimes doesn't pull the troops the way that I want it to. It feels a little awkward. Tornado... onto the king tower is not really gonna work out for a pekka and... I dunno. That's just my feeling, chat. I like the inferno tower.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Tornado can work really well against like, hog riders, miners, or... other goblin barrels being thrown at your tower. But the inferno tower is what I gotta rely on... to BURN through the golems, BURN up the lava hounds, shoot down those big old pekkas, mega knights -- those guys have been all over the map recently! And even though zap is really good at resetting the inferno... I'm not really confident in the tesla yet. It's just not big enough! You know that little two by two building -- it sometimes doesn't pull the troops the way that I want it to. It feels a little awkward. Tornado... onto the king tower is not really gonna work out for a pekka and... I dunno. That's just my feeling, chat. I like the inferno tower.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

does someone have a link to that video

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

and the best clip from today's hunting. this is one of the coolest finales ive ever seen. Next stop: G4

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1040087567574556672

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1041183821138354176 this might be the coolest thing ive ever done by accident in a video game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

finally finished my God Tier HH Alchemy Set...KO King, Maestro, Status+2, Handicraft+1, and then whatever extra skill I wind up picking up if I ever bother to do amulet grinding. It can be tricky but if I know a fight well I can stun lock monsters until they fall asleep and then they eat a couple L Barrel+'s and go to sleep permanently.

Next is to find a good glamor set but that's kinda hard to plan, there's no easy preview stuff like in World...

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Can't stop thinking about the Quest Clear music.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I bought World as my first Monster Hunter game but didn't get too far, and then got this as well so I'm been playing them simultaneously. Something about MHGU helped me appreciate the basics behind monster hunter, and also allowed me to realize what was made as fluff in World so I'm not overwhelmed. Suddenly I've gotten better at World and this series is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Still have a lot to learn though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Over There posted:

I bought World as my first Monster Hunter game but didn't get too far, and then got this as well so I'm been playing them simultaneously. Something about MHGU helped me appreciate the basics behind monster hunter, and also allowed me to realize what was made as fluff in World so I'm not overwhelmed. Suddenly I've gotten better at World and this series is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Still have a lot to learn though.

I've played GU a lot more than world since there's more stuff in it, but I love checking in on the world quests and maybe trying out some of the weapons I've used in GU but never touched in World like the SNS and HH.

I just started making a new HBG set to try it out and this weapon is loving cool...it feels so badass when you're spaced properly and constantly dancing around a flailing monster to unload 400 rounds of explosive ammo directly into its face and rear end.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What's a good time to start doing multiplayer? I'm still not having any trouble with soloing monsters around 2-3 stars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This was the coolest poo poo I've done yet by accident

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1048055565195214849

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Over There posted:

What's a good time to start doing multiplayer? I'm still not having any trouble with soloing monsters around 2-3 stars.

You can do it whenever u want. Theoretically u can solo every fight in the multiplayer quests which is what I did in normal gen because i have brain damage. G rank monsters are garder to solo tho

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Over There posted:

You need to play it for 500 hours while abusing stimulants first or everyone will laugh at you. just kidding

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

You need to play it for 500 hours while abusing stimulants first or everyone will laugh at you. just kidding

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Here are some of my favorite moments from MHGU so far

https://twitter.com/hizunaencounter/status/1047318871202353152

https://twitter.com/hizunaencounter/status/1040388857949085696

https://twitter.com/hizunaencounter/status/1038573800873283584

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only had to kill Kushala Daora like 20 times for all the horns but I finished my HBG Set.

Now I wanna glamor something for it because it looks loving stupid at the moment.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is on sale for 45 bucks rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Excellent obly 15 dollars mire than what i originally paid when it was first released plus nintendos excellent pay wall for lovely peer to peer multiplayer abd Rom hacks to sweeten the deal