Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xelkelvos posted:

If Nelson and the Florida dems were smart, they'd try to hammer Scott on the current environmental situation.

If Nelson were smart ...
If Florida were smart ...
If dems were smart ...

Buddy that's a lot of IF's in one small package you got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

they're running ads saying the algae poo poo was caused by Rick Scott but it's too late. i knew he was doomed two months ago when he was running ads saying "Hi I'm Bill Nelson. I'm a moderate. I don't vote too far right...OR...too far left! I'm a perfect centrist"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Median Voter Theorem claims another :rip:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nah posted:

they're running ads saying the algae poo poo was caused by Rick Scott but it's too late. i knew he was doomed two months ago when he was running ads saying "Hi I'm Bill Nelson. I'm a moderate. I don't vote too far right...OR...too far left! I'm a perfect centrist"

The news reports are definitely happening too far from the General at this point to put in ads to coincide with them to hammer Scott. DeSantis is fairly safe from this since he wasn't in state government while it can only hurt Putnam even more.

There's still between now and November for things to get worse and for a better ad buy from some PAC or another to try and gently caress Scott, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Nelson. About the only thing he can be trusted on, I think, is environmental stuff. Otherwise, he's an average Dem.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

who's the most Florida Man candidate for governor because thats whos gonna win

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

probably the real estate billionaire, who will lose to DeSantis

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Aug 28, 2018

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BYgM7yWgkY

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh yeah this guys gonna win bigly

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Voted in the Florida on Sunday, but gaddamn are our state level polinerds worthless. I'd be a more valuable member as the token vaper and one man gaming caucus.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh my

TRUMP

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Addamere posted:

oh my

TRUMP

I love that ad because it says or shows Trumps name more than his. His older ad was great too, saying he was endorsed by "The big man himself!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J3qSTax4Qc

Gynocentric Regime has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Aug 28, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gynocentric Regime posted:

I love that ad because it says or shows Trumps name more than his. His older ad was great too, saying he was endorsed by "The big man himself!"

Link it my friend

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

There's more than one dem candidate in the AZ senate primary, I voted for deedra abboud.

People are going around vandalizing the arpaio signs en masse which owns and even my cranky old relatives don't give a gently caress about the decorum. Imgur is broken but imagine a handpainted joe arpaio with a pig nose wearing a KKK robe on one of his signs

edit:

hifi has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Aug 28, 2018

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

nah posted:

I don't have a TV, which is good because I'd have thrown a brick at it

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
In before Trump tweets how many seats Republicans won today despite having been in a primary and still not understanding how primaries work

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
NY times have their Primary sites up and it looks like the Dems at least put a warm body to try and contest every seat in FL and AL.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/28/us/elections/florida-primary-elections.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/28/us/elections/arizona-primary-elections.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/28/us/elections/oklahoma-primary-runoff-elections.html

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
Today at 11 am, my precinct in Florida had more people than I’ve ever seen there. I actually had to wait for a booth. I’ve never seen people younger than me voting there, but today about 1/2 were my age or younger. But, there were a lot more Democratic Party ballots left than Republican Party ballots. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hell yeah it's trash fire primary day who's ready for some disappointment

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

:peanut:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

holy gently caress i saw this ad on in the background at a bar but i didn't realize what was happening please loving kill me

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

Can't be disappointed when you already know the worst will happen :)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Can't be disappointed when you already know the worst will happen :)

Also can't blame anyone when you feel the outcome is already decided.

Nah. First you're assuming that if a Democrat is elected they will get to exercise power and not just be stripped of it NC style; but lets place that aside. If we elect Graham or Levine their takeaway will be that civility and centrism won the day, and they can't wait to get to work across the aisle! Which of course means the GOP will do whatever it wants and they'll sign it because they don't want to seem too radical. A vote for centrists Dems is a the same as a vote for Republicans because the same poo poo is going to happen no matter what. I like Mayor Gillum because he understands that the point of a Democratic administration should be to improve regular peoples lives in a meaningful way, the other candidates just want to slap a new coat of paint on the status quo.

Literally the Bernie-bro take from 2016.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Xelkelvos posted:

Also can't blame anyone when you feel the outcome is already decided.

No I know who's responsible, the problem is they are all, emotionally if not literally, dead.

quote:

Literally the Bernie-bro take from 2016.

Nah I was still a shitlib back then, voted for Hillary in the primary and general. That's when I learned that voting is pointless and only by creating alternate systems of power will we ever actually make things better for people. That's why I volunteer with and give money to Food Not Bombs and make an effort to know my neighbors and help when I am able to.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Yay, freedom counts now! :downsbravo:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

G I L L U M E N T U M

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
vote krause for seminole county fl school board plz

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

platzapS posted:

G I L L U M E N T U M

The person to watch.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

hifi posted:

There's more than one dem candidate in the AZ senate primary, I voted for deedra abboud.

edit:

Same here, Az buddy. I just hope that gently caress stick Andy Biggs gets ousted come November, and that we don't somehow get Arpaio as a governer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gillum has done a great job utilizing the black base in Florida. Hope its enough

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:hai:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

It’s saying polls close in Florida “7pm local time” (now) but we might have a delay bc a small portion of the state is in Central time zone. :(

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Votes are coming in now. <1% in though, lol.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wow I can't believe how excited I am for Senator Arpaio!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://mobile.twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1034593791309697024

nah
Mar 16, 2009

holy poo poo Gillum is doing great so far

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Post your map everybody

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nah posted:

holy poo poo Gillum is doing great so far

Same. Went to play some vidya and an hour later, Gillum is in the lead (albeit narrow)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

At 67% reporting Gillum is currently ahead by 4000 votes .3%. These margins :stare:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Gillum!!@@

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Gillum, bitch

• Locked thread