Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yeah here's some lovely predictions that will probably be very wrong :toot:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Philadelphia

Atlantic
1. TB
2. Tronnah
3. Bawston

Wild Card
1. Columbus
2. Florida

Out
9. NJ
10. Carolina
11. Rangers
12. Buffalo
13. Isles
14. Detroit
15. Montreal
16. Ottawa

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central
1. Winnipeg
2. Nashville
3. STL

Pacific
1. San Jose
2. LA
3. Vegas

Wild Card
1. Dallas
2. Anaheim

Out
9. Chicago
10. Avs
11. Minnesota
12. Calgary
13. Edmonton
14. Vancouver
15. Arizona

Hart: I
Pearson: Can
Richard: Never
Calder: Pick
Norris: These
Adams: So
Byng: gently caress it
Vezina: Alex Lyon

Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, East Flyers
Team With Biggest Jump in Standings, West Blues
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, East Devils
Team With Biggest Drop in Standings, West Wild

Other poo poo (Feel Free to Add)
Wins for Vegas: 43
First Coach Fired: McLellan
Worst Record in NHL: Ottawa
President's Trophy: Bolts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Out
9. Carolina
10. NY Islanders

this is being suuuuuper generous to the isles

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Explanations: I think this is the best roster Pittsburgh has had in a few years (even with lol Jack Johnson). With their depth plus Washington having a bit of a Cup hangover I see the Pens probably winning the division.

I've got Edmonton in and Vegas out for a few reasons. 1) Mcdavid is just that good. I know they didn't make it even with him being that good, but when you've got the best player in the world by far I just don't see how you miss two years in a row. And I think Talbot is capable of being better. But mostly I think Mcdavid will carry that team into the playoffs.

For Vegas, I just don't love their roster. They lost Neal and Perron who were both big contributors. I don't see Karlsson doing what he did again. Maf will probably not be quite as good. I like the rosters of other central teams better. Maybe Vegas just does their bullshit thing again, but I've got them out. Not out by a lot, but out.

I like the O'Reilly trade for St.Louis and I think that will be enough to get them in. Florida has good young talent so I could see them edging New Jersey or Columbus for a spot. I picked Columbus out but I could go either way on NJ/Cbj as last man out. I think the Flyers are in. They've got a good core of young talent plus figured out a way to make Giroux productive again. Their goaltending is questionable but they've got one of the best goalie prospects around who might take the job at some point this year.

For awards I dunno Ovechkin is getting old but he's still the only one who even got close to 50 this year. That award is his to lose until he finally ages out. Also hard to see Mcdavid losing the other major awards since he's the best player by a good amount. If he's not hurt, he'll win those.

Winnipeg gets the Presidents trophy because they're absurdly deep and you'd have to consider them the favorite coming into this year. They're good everywhere.

Dats a lotta words that nobody will read but there you go.

I read them, GR.
I read them :unsmith:

And yeah Carter Hart very much looks like the Goalie Of the Future for the flyers but unless there's just a massacre of injuries the odds he sees the big team this year for any length of time are just about zero. Hextall's been suuuper patient with him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Thank you for reading my word salad.

Yeah I wasn't sure what their plans were with Carter Hart. I do think even if they don't use him that Neuvirth at least is a solid goalie. I don't trust Elliot that much, and both Neuvirth and Elliot are made of glass which could be a problem. I dunno I just like their roster enough that even their goaltending wasn't enough to scare me away.

I'll probably look like an idiot for leaving Columbus out though. That's still a pretty good team. But the uncertainty around Panarin's future made me pick them out rather than the Devils. Honestly could see them both making it and Florida being out too. The last few spots in the East are hard to pick.

Right now Alex Lyon is the likely 1st callup from the Phantoms if when there are injuries to Eliott or Neuvy, and he did fine in that role last year. Hart will probably split time in Lehigh Valley with Lyon to get used to the pace of things but he's only 20 and it would be a hell of a stretch to see him getting any real time up with the big club.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

I have a soft spot for Trotz what can I say? Also he’s had success in the past elevating garbage rosters from terrible to mediocre.

lol that's fair

but man this is gonna be a tall fuckin' task for him

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JawKnee posted:

~~~~~~~ ReAsOnInG ~~~~~~~
Out-East
Flyers/BJs will push but fall short, especially if the BJs lose Panarin. How did the Flyers even get that many wins last year??

They had a fantastic 2nd half to the year and finally figured lines out. They dumped a lot of dead weight this summer too. Amac's still there, but getting rid of Filppula and Manning is already a lot of addition by subtraction.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kilza posted:

Out

14. Vancouver
15. The non-existant Seattle franchise
16. Edmonton (gently caress you Chiarelli)

Hart: Connor McDavid
Pearson: Connor McDavid
Art Ross: Connor McDavid
Richard: Connor McDavid
Byng: Connor McDavid
Selke: Connor McDavid

Worst Record in NHL: Edmonton Oilers

lol this is the good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007