Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nothing earns more animosity than changing a team mid-season. You could collude with Russia and it's fine but if you started a Bills fan and ended a Brady fan, then you might be strung up. And if you started a Brady fan and ended a Brady fan, you might be cheering for a winning team. Alas.

This is your first and last chance to change that. I don't know you and you don't know me, but trust me, I used to be something. I was around when every TFF member worth his salt started dying. By virtue of being alive, I am therefore worth nothing. That is something I have in common with you.
Alas.

So think about it. Do you really want to be a Jags fan, even if Dez joins you? Do you want your quarterback to be the GOAT like Brady or the GOAJ like Bortles? Why would you ever want to be a Jags fan, by the way? Do you like pain and embarrassment? What's wrong with you?
But I digress.

If you ask me, I will start this season a Tom Brady fan on the AFC side and a Vikings fan on the NFC side. My picks are solid and impregnable. This thread isn't for me. It's for you, Bills fans. You Jets losers. Repent and figure out your ways.

It's your last chance to change for the better before we make fun of you relentlessly for supporting the Browns. Why would you do that?
Brady already has 5 rings. He has the gauntlet. All he has to do is snap his fingers and half of your chances disappear. Half of 0 is still 0, Bengals fans. Stop being ridiculous.

It is your last chance to repent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
gently caress Dean Spanos and everything involved with moving the Chargers from San Diego to Los Angeles.

Go chargers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress no ive come this far with the panthers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d5Q0vXbODs

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress no ive come this far with the panthers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d5Q0vXbODs

I respect you for supporting the Panthers this entire time. I question your mental health for supporting the Panthers this entire time.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'll switch my allegiance to the Seattle Newhawks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I stopped rooting for the Bengals when they drafted a known woman beater. Felt good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom's 41 so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddP8AAIGTQ

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm tearing up why would you do this to me. gently caress you Kalli. He will retire at 65 with Super Bowl rings on his right foot pinkie. Bank it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

select an nba team instead

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You are a Tom Brady fan and you're bringing up that day. That ignominious day. He will never retire. This world won't even last until 2020. Oh my God.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Portland

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When I think about it, Portland is a self-contained oxymoron. Might as well name the place Lionslombardi

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Imagine switching team fandom because of Tim Tebow and then that team winning a Super Bowl a few years later.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol

this was to sweet thursday, but i didn't want to quote the post right above me. but it wasn't right above me anymore when i posted slowly.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Imagine switching team fandom because of Tim Tebow and then that team winning a Super Bowl a few years later.

Imagine you being a moderator.

;_;

shut up

edit: also for posterity and facts my fandom was hanging on by a thread after the Tebow era. Then it was severed forever with 40 seconds left by Rahim Moore. Oh my God.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

sweet thursday posted:

Imagine you being a moderator.

;_;

shut up

got 'em

gently caress

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
If Khalil Mack is traded then I'll become a full-time Browns fan

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My allegiance is to outlawing the NFL

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

My allegiance is to destroying EA's monopoly on the football gaming license

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im never going to switch from the bengals unless andy dalton throws like 2 incompletions in which case go rams

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sweet thursday posted:

My allegiance is to destroying EA's monopoly on the football gaming license

2K5 supremacy

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If the Raiders trade Khalil Mack I will be a passive nfl fan who nods whenever a good play is happening

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Black Sunshine posted:

2K5 supremacy

Truth

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I am a Viking. My ancestors rode long ships in the salty mist of the north sea and told stories that rambled so much they became sagas. The sight of fat snowflakes falling is the call of home to me. Through all the years of sorrow and joy, of gold and blood, of axe and plow, of berzerk and fey moods, I am.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I survived Brock and Trevor and Paxton I can survive anything

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cavauro posted:

select an nba team instead
se attle supersonics

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I survived Brock and Trevor and Paxton I can survive anything

...and a Super Bowl title. Holding on by a thread, right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

op this is you with the clipboard and then i'm the dolphins fan responding to your suggestion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjHHlvQn2U

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol that dolphins fan is now the host of 'carnival eats'

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

warcrimes posted:

...and a Super Bowl title. Holding on by a thread, right?

It's a tough life

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
My favorite team is whoever causes Tom Brady to die

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Switching teams is gross

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'll go to my grave cheering for the Lions but I reserve the right to root for the Eagles A. For as long as I live in/near Philly, and B. So long as it does not conflict with my Lions fandom.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Between the Oilers leaving and the Texans being born, my rooting interests lied with the Vikings for reasons I don’t remember.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Switching teams is gross

:discourse:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I switched college teams when I went to a different school than the one I grew up rooting for

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
NFL team allegiances should be changed only if your original team sucks and gets moved.

If you ever change your college team without going to said school youre a busta

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Friends I'm here to offer you a third option: reject fandom as bad for your mental health and a dumb thing for drunk idiots who live in Buffalo or Wisconsin. They've hurt you, I know. You give your all for your sports team but all they provide is endless disappointment, pain for your body and mind. Well I'm here to tell you it doesn't have to be that way. You can enjoy every single football game, no matter how it ends (unless the Patriots win).

Join me, and together we will rule the galaxy or something

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What the gently caress is this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
hello lifelong rams fan checking in

• Locked thread