Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope Huge Enemy Health Bar And Name And Numbers, as well as Slow Motion, are skills you don't have to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This clip of a guy walking down a narrow catwalk shooting a guy multiple times who isn't moving at all is absurdly badass bros! Come on bob. Really?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bob losing his mind and fainting in the theater at the part of John Wick 2 where John Wick starts walking towards a bad guy and being out cold for the rest of the movie.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

This clip of a guy walking down a narrow catwalk shooting a guy multiple times who isn't moving at all is absurdly badass bros! Come on bob. Really?

it looks better than clunky witcher 3 combat, i was very concerned when I saw borderlands style shooting hp sponges with damage numbers flying everywhere but it's too early to judge and at least it looks like you have some cool movement powers.

slomo FEAR blowing people apart beats the crap out of getting stuck on a tiny branch in w3. calm your rear end down

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To me it looks suspiciously like a clip from Fallout 4...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

It's insane how there hasnt been a game like AP for a decade now

I love AP but all the best parts were the dialogue options are there are VNs that do similar stuff. All the gameplay poo poo of AP is miserable, which is why I always just used Pistols which lets you instantly headshot everybody in the room with 0 skill so you can get to the next cutscene.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wormskull posted:

To me it looks suspiciously like a clip from Fallout 4...

This looks nothing like fallout 4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The funny part is that the guy is talking in slow motion without a head.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

This looks nothing like fallout 4

That webm is a FO4 mod.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Palpek posted:

lol

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
there's a cool part where they take someone hostage to hack into the gang network, jump up a wall above some dudes LOS, then use the privs from the hostage to hack their weapon biometrics for a couple stealthy melee kills

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

Lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In Training posted:

That webm is a FO4 mod.

gently caress off!!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Palpek posted:

“Jesus christ! M-my head!!”

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Control Volume posted:

gently caress off!!

witcher 1 was a NWN mod, cyberpunk is a fallout 4 mod, its nothing to be ashamed of

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Looking forward to Cybergwent.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I hope there's a way to go see 3rd person on occasion, I wanna play cyberpunk dressup

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well, me Bobnumerotres and Homerchili AKA some of the wisest posters on the IZ all think this game looks good so it probably will be. Period.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the dialogue in that video is atrocious but it looks fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The Smash Bros Thread Poster Council has spoken

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

also haven't watched any trailers or videos, hope it has rad synths for music

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This rocketed up yo the top of my Big Hype 3 alongside Smash Bros and Marvel’s Spider-Man.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Agean90 posted:

Early previews say it has kickin’ rad Drive inspired diagetic chip tune.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Early previews say it has kickin’ rad Drive inspired diagetic chip tune.

loving awesome.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Music was one of the best parts of the demo, it owns hard.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Well, me Bobnumerotres and Homerchili AKA some of the wisest posters on the IZ all think this game looks good so it probably will be. Period.

It's going to be great

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

one cool touch from the trailer is that they hired someone to be a fake hair rock idol, like from that william gibson novel

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
has anyone ever played the tabletop system? it basically just feels like the sprawl triology w/ some stuff from snowcrash.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bob losing his mind and fainting in the theater at the part of John Wick 2 where John Wick starts walking towards a bad guy and being out cold for the rest of the movie.

lmfao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It looks like it will take the best elements from OG Deus Ex, Dishonored, and Prey and add in Witcher 3's quest design so that basically makes it the best game until at least 2025.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

has anyone ever played the tabletop system? it basically just feels like the sprawl triology w/ some stuff from snowcrash.

I wouldn't mind playing it. I gotta find a group

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

Not me OP but I want to

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I wouldn't mind playing it. I gotta find a group

I don't recommend, its absolutely insane and the hacking/netrunner stuff alone takes up half the book.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's a really funny 90s tabletop book to read though and cyberpunk is a cool world, but I'm trying to run a game with friends and I'm tripping over figuring out how the rules even work constantly.

A kinda funny thing though is they decided to go with borderlands damage popoff numbers for this game but the tabletop is all hyper realism, like if you take 8 damage to an arm you immediately go into bloodloss shock and have to start rolling death saves, which a single rifle bullet can do.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I've watched a dude from New Zealand GM a few Cyberpunk 2020 games on YouTube and the best part of each game is character creation. The Life Path system is nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cyberpunk 2077 has a 'cool' stat.

• Locked thread