Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i hope the cool stat is increased by dressing stylishly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im p sure it is

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've watched a dude from New Zealand GM a few Cyberpunk 2020 games on YouTube and the best part of each game is character creation. The Life Path system is nuts

Roll up appearance and relationship status for all *checks roll*

5 of your exes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

i hope the cool stat is increased by dressing stylishly

i think they directly say that it is in the new trailer. having more cool stat open up new dialogue options and quest possibilities.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

quote:

Arzin Tynon: A newcomer gang in 2020 who liked to pick on anyone weaker than themselves but hadn't established any major territory.
The Back Alley Brawlers: Vigilantes that stick together for protection (also protection rackets, allegedly).
Bay Area Rapid Terror: The nihilist gang of Night City.
The Black Queens: Small time hoods who wear all black and often act informant for non-gang interests.
The Blood Razors: A boostergang (gangs known for being notably cybernetically enhanced) that likes to use claws and will initiate members by slashing them up and if they can endure the pain, they get patched up and given their own claws.
Blood & Tears: A combat gang that only takes members from other gangs with at least 3 years experience - trademark is taking the eyes of their victims.
The Bradi Bunch: A posergang (gangs that all get surgery to affect a particular look) that bases themselves off The Brady Bunch. "Older" members protect the "children" (e.g. a Mike would be looking out for a Jan, etc.) Membership is largely runaways and orphans.
The Braniacs: A booster/posergang of smart guys who like to look like smart guys and trade in and collect information.
The Bozos: Killer clowns. A deadly prankster/posergang.
Death in the Afternoon: The other nihilist gang of Night City; mostly operates outside Night City.
The D.J.s: A chromer gang (musical band inspired; "chrome metal" is a popular genre in the setting) without much talent, but still up to speed on all the local Rockerboy-related activities.
The Edisons: A posergang that model themselves after famous inventors and have a penchant for building deathtraps.
The Fangs of Justice: A gang of psychotics that dresses like fictional crimefighters and affects a guardian stance (but will really just terrorize anyone).
The Gilligans: A militant LGBTQ gang formed for self-defense - they're not posers, but their hierarchical positions are all based on character names (techs are Professors, leaders are Skippers, etc.)
The Golden Knights: A protection gang founded by an ex-soldier who lost his family to a boostergang. Utilizes strategy and high tech to keep a four-block residential area secure.
The Inquisitors: A terrorist gang that believes cybernetics are evil (they only use skill and biotech) and prey on pretty much everyone in the city, but they're very hard to pin down despite everyone hating them.
Jack the Rippers: A gang(?) that, if not just one man, all dress in old-fashioned overcoats and silk tophats and murder joygirls at night when they're alone and vulnerable.
The Julliard: Militant mimes. Seriously. Mostly they protect and avenge their own street performers.
The Kennedys: A posergang with political interests that all model themselves after members of the family (JFK, Bobby, Jackie, etc.)
The Maelstrom: You've seen them, but again, just a bunch of chromed up punks who like to get violent.
The Metal Warriors: A combat gang that liked to have a whole dojo structure with rituals and ranks.
The Personalities: A posergang that randomly assigns a "personality" to members that are to do their utmost to affect that character; e.g. a member assigned "Abraham Lincoln" has to get the iconic look and act like they're Honest Abe.
The Philharmonic Vampyres: A prankster gang that goes out in tuxedos, domino masks, and vampire fangs.
The Piranhas: A party gang that just likes to have fun (their definition of fun, which no outsider is quite sure of) anywhere.
The Red Chrome Legion: A skinhead gang that terrorizes people different from themselves.
The Sacred Blades: A multi-ethnic combat gang that pit themselves against others who provide "worthy challenges" to prove their bravery. Prefer to use melee weapons for honorable combat (but carry heavier hardware for emergencies).
The Second Comming: A cult gang originally predicting the end of the world at Y2K but currently believe the end will come during the final episode of Combat Cabb.
The Silver Slash: Another chromer gang, but they were inspired by their eponymous metal band to work for city reform. They like to protect newcomers to Night City.
The Sinners N' Saints: A chromer gang inspired by their namesake, a newcomer (in 2020).
The Slaughterhouse: A boostergang that specializes in sharp enhancements that let them shred people apart for fun.
The Street Slaughter Slammers: A chromer gang that does random acts of violence, inspired by the band Total Anarchy.
The Tygers Claw: A combat gang that protects the Japanese community in Night City, favors martial arts and blades.
The Valentinos: A posergang (presumably modeled after the 20s star Rudolph Valentino and/or similar types) that mostly just tries to seduce beautiful women.
The Voodoo Boys: A drug-dealing terrorist gang that like to maim and dismember victims in "voodoo" rituals. (They're mostly white boys who like to leech off university students.)
The Warrior Heart: A combat gang that mostly fights other gangs to hone their skills.
The Water Rats: A gang that helps pirates smuggle goods into Night City.
The Western Stars: A combat posergang that models themselves after famous (fictional/nonfictional) gunslingers and favor revolvers for "fair one-on-one" duels.
The Wild Things: A heavy drug-using gang made up of proven survivors of lesser drug-using gangs.
The Willow Sisterhood: A posergang of young women that model themselves on notable beauties of the past and train extensively in assassination related skills. Often bodyguards to powerful people.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

The Bradi Bunch: A posergang (gangs that all get surgery to affect a particular look) that bases themselves off The Brady Bunch. "Older" members protect the "children" (e.g. a Mike would be looking out for a Jan, etc.) Membership is largely runaways and orphans.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

myDad posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Well, me Bobnumerotres and Homerchili AKA some of the wisest posters on the IZ all think this game looks good so it probably will be. Period.

You guys are three of the gayest poofs ive ever come across in my long years of posting and gaming.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also I agree with whoever said this looks like fallout 4. The quest stuff seems awesome though/

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Still not sure why this is first person. Especially with their Max Payne system which always looks cooler in 3rd person

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Still not sure why this is first person. Especially with their Max Payne system which always looks cooler in 3rd person
This is my thought too but it's got a long development ahead, we'll see how it ends up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The game has a Cool stat that potentially ties to your equipment, and you'll never see any of it

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The game has a Cool stat that potentially ties to your equipment, and you'll never see any of it

it should also have modifiers based on what goes with what so if you dress like an idiot to minmax you get a malus to cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Agean90 posted:

it should also have modifiers based on what goes with what so if you dress like an idiot to minmax you get a malus to cool

I'd like for them to take a page from TWEWY's book and have different brands get cool bonuses/penalties depending on the neighborhood

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

seems like there will be lots of dialogue portions of the game that allows you to see your character

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

To me it looks suspiciously like a clip from Fallout 4...

Wow. Lets not compare god howards latest masterpiece to this crap op

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You guys are three of the gayest poofs ive ever come across in my long years of posting and gaming.

Bob? You want first dibs on this bigot?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I was gonna say they said they were planning on having a bunch of tight quarter combat and apartments and stuff but you saying max payne reminded me thats bull, max totally had all that stuff and was 3rd person.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rememeber every death you had to a dude crouched just around the corner with a sawed off and weep.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lack of third person seems to be the strongest and most consistent complaint made so far, which leads me to think they'll either add it to the game sometime before launch or patch it in later, like TW3 and NG+.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You can look at your jacket before you wear in the morning.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

doesn't it go to 3rd person every time you talk to an NPC? haven't watched the new gameplay vid so my info may be outdated but that's what I heard at E3. Also for driving sections and such

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So times when your looking at your car or when your looking at someone else while their talking? Nice.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

So times when your looking at your car or when your looking at someone else while their talking? Nice.

It would be a big mistake to try and troll me. I haven't watched the video and maybe never will and I'm just making wild guesses on how the game works .... 🃏

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is my thought too but it's got a long development ahead, we'll see how it ends up.

Theres no way they move away from first person at this point

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

It would be a big mistake to try and troll me. I haven't watched the video and maybe never will and I'm just making wild guesses on how the game works .... 🃏

Same here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Someone being inspired to make the Fallout 4 clip of this game told me more of what I needed to know than the promotional material ever will, if you ask me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
watching this trailer made me load up the first deus ex again. the early game combat (well, all combat) is sort of rear end, but it's still fun to crawl through levels.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

you had to move to japan to get Pussy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

sector_corrector posted:

watching this trailer made me load up the first deus ex again. the early game combat (well, all combat) is sort of rear end, but it's still fun to crawl through levels.

If CDPR can recapture what it felt like to dick around on Liberty Island or Hong Kong then I'll be so happy. I'm playing Witcher 3 right now and love just picking a direction and stumbling upon weird poo poo like the abandoned tower at Fyke Isle even if it was out of sequence for a quest I had to do later.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

more like cyberSHIT

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gonna slice up the haters itt with my forearm mantis blades.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Headless Man: jesus christ my legs

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Gonna slice up the haters itt with my forearm mantis blades.

gently caress you all that hate this game, this game is the best. Eat my poo poo, go to hell all you haters. 15 years of my life is nothing compared to 15 years of your lovely hate filled life of nothing

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

sector_corrector posted:

The game is much more enjoyable when you avoid fighting.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like making my pistol super powerful and killing MJ12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

Headless Man: jesus christ my legs

lol

• Locked thread