Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Palpek posted:

I posted it on the first page but nobody watched afraid it's a spoiler video lol

owned

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ok alright

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvgb5a7vuLs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Hell yes. Want to move there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmao again but also hearing the trailer music made me go back and watch it again to remember how tight that dude's jacket was.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is just amazing. Great find.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This game looks truly amazing. And it's hardly a surprise, given its made by the folks who made that loving masterpiece, the Witcher 3.

I think what I enjoyed most about the Witcher 3 was its streamlined combat, an economy of choice, if you will. You see, at any time, I could choose to say, swing my weapon, or failing that, I could choose to roll. If I was feeling particularly spicy, I could even roll first, then swing my weapon. And if I had a few too many Mommy and Daddy drinks that evening, I might even roll twice, then swing. It was this endless variety of fiendish tactical choices and engaging gameplay that made the Witcher 3 the loving masterpiece that it truly is.

And now we have this game. Wow. Where to even begin? You've got the sweet slow motion combat, ala Max Payne. Can't loving wait to shout some Matrix quips out loud as I play. Dodge this! LMAO! You mah girl Trin! And speaking of babes, did you see the loving sexy arse in the clip? Yowza! I'd give that shitpipe a good buggering, let me assure you. And how about all those numbers flying everywhere? I like it, makes me feel like I'm really having an impact, ya know? See I was a bit worried that might try and make this gritty dystopian cyberpunk thriller a bit too realistic and engaging, but fortunately, it seems like all the enemies will be bullet sponges, which means I can really slow down and enjoy the atmosphere. And the sexy arses, natch. ;)

My only question remains, can I pre-order this bad boy yet? I wonder if they'll do a tie in with Firaxis and have a Civ 5 or Civ 6 themed Collector's Edition. That would be, as they say in the classics, some extreme loving ownage.

Ah well, hopefully find out soon. Anyway, must go now, Friends is back on. Can't miss it. *sighs wistfully* I loving love Joey. He's just so epic!

Toodles!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yolomancer posted:

This game looks truly amazing. And it's hardly a surprise, given its made by the folks who made that loving masterpiece, the Witcher 3.

I think what I enjoyed most about the Witcher 3 was its streamlined combat, an economy of choice, if you will. You see, at any time, I could choose to say, swing my weapon, or failing that, I could choose to roll. If I was feeling particularly spicy, I could even roll first, then swing my weapon. And if I had a few too many Mommy and Daddy drinks that evening, I might even roll twice, then swing. It was this endless variety of fiendish tactical choices and engaging gameplay that made the Witcher 3 the loving masterpiece that it truly is.

And now we have this game. Wow. Where to even begin? You've got the sweet slow motion combat, ala Max Payne. Can't loving wait to shout some Matrix quips out loud as I play. Dodge this! LMAO! You mah girl Trin! And speaking of babes, did you see the loving sexy arse in the clip? Yowza! I'd give that shitpipe a good buggering, let me assure you. And how about all those numbers flying everywhere? I like it, makes me feel like I'm really having an impact, ya know? See I was a bit worried that might try and make this gritty dystopian cyberpunk thriller a bit too realistic and engaging, but fortunately, it seems like all the enemies will be bullet sponges, which means I can really slow down and enjoy the atmosphere. And the sexy arses, natch. ;)

My only question remains, can I pre-order this bad boy yet? I wonder if they'll do a tie in with Firaxis and have a Civ 5 or Civ 6 themed Collector's Edition. That would be, as they say in the classics, some extreme loving ownage.

Ah well, hopefully find out soon. Anyway, must go now, Friends is back on. Can't miss it. *sighs wistfully* I loving love Joey. He's just so epic!

Toodles!

You suck

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Imagine if MGK was a guy who keeps gets banned for saying fa**ot and *igger in gbs.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yolomancer posted:

Toodles!

im sorry you typed out this whole post that no one on the planet will read

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

hell proibably read it back to himselfg a few times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread just got yolomanced

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Yolomancer posted:

Toodles!

im not reading that. why would i. its so very incredibly long

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

I read it and it loving sucks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Want to move to Россия so bad

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

(after thinking really hard about something else to say) I hope it comes out soon.

quoting this from the first page to subscribe.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I watched some of the long rear end gameplay video and it’s not making me want to play this if it’s gonna be 100 hours of this. It makes me feel like every little thing is gonna be drawn out with cutscenes and dialog and I just don’t care about any of that. Just let me play the game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Baxate posted:

I watched some of the long rear end gameplay video and it’s not making me want to play this if it’s gonna be 100 hours of this. It makes me feel like every little thing is gonna be drawn out with cutscenes and dialog and I just don’t care about any of that. Just let me play the game

youre a dumb rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baxate posted:

well then dont play the narrative adventure game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Baxate posted:

Durr why does the CDPR vidyuh got so much talken. Gimme mAh 10 bajillion guns!! :D :hehe:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i liked Witcher 3, but yeah I’m finding I’m not a story gamer anymore. The bits where you actually have control of the character just looked dull and you just get railroaded from cutscene to cutscene

it felt like every other AAA game that’s trying to be a mediocre Netflix original instead of a game :shrug:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

can we talk about other games in the cyberpunk genre here?

I've been playing shadowrun dragonfall lately and it's pretty good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Baxate posted:

i liked Witcher 3, but yeah I’m finding I’m not a story gamer anymore. The bits where you actually have control of the character just looked dull and you just get railroaded from cutscene to cutscene

it felt like every other AAA game that’s trying to be a mediocre Netflix original instead of a game :shrug:

Okay

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I feel the opposite I want to play an RPG in a dense cyberpunk world but I have zero interest in popping around corners to shoot dudes

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Baxate posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I feel the opposite I want to play an RPG in a dense cyberpunk world but I have zero interest in popping around corners to shoot dudes

Yup

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both a lot of fun. I played Returns and was so thoroughly underwhelmed that I would never have tried the other two if my friend hadn’t convinced me to give them a shot.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Returns was a good intro for me since it was relatively easy and welcoming. The expansions are definitely deeper and more rewarding tho

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

:same:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are both a lot of fun. I played Returns and was so thoroughly underwhelmed that I would never have tried the other two if my friend hadn’t convinced me to give them a shot.

I'll play Hong Kong after I'm finished with dragonfall

I've been sticking with my normal crew for most missions, is it worth it to hire the runners you gotta pay for?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, this. I will probably lean heavily into hacking and stealth. I definitely prefer the Thief/Dishonored route over shooting a lot in first person games.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'll play Hong Kong after I'm finished with dragonfall

I've been sticking with my normal crew for most missions, is it worth it to hire the runners you gotta pay for?

I never thought so, especially since you start upgrading your crew with new skills and gear over time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

never played any. but ive seen ghost in the shell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread