Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

tbh I'm stoked for this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

tbh I'm stoked for this game

all the art and designs are so fuckin cool, I can’t handle it. the rare feeling of being legit jealous of the people working on a game

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

Headless Man: jesus christ my legs

lol

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress you all that hate this game, this game is the best. Eat my poo poo, go to hell all you haters. 15 years of my life is nothing compared to 15 years of your lovely hate filled life of nothing

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Man with no balls: Argh my rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im pretty sure weve only seen one small district of the city too so im really curious to see if other districts have a completely different vibe to them but the look so far reminds me a ton of geoff darrow so its perfect

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

if you can enter all the buildings I wouldn't mind if the open world was smaller. some open world games are too big for their own good with nothing to do

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

if you can enter all the buildings I wouldn't mind if the open world was smaller. some open world games are too big for their own good with nothing to do

if they make it that in depth they should just copy yakuzas way of doing things, where the map is a small area with a lot of depth for you to build a relationship with with little setpeices outside for specific missions

that's also how the Shadowrun rpgs handled things now that I think about it and it worked really well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

all the art and designs are so fuckin cool, I can’t handle it. the rare feeling of being legit jealous of the people working on a game

it looks loving tight and if the gameplay is boring I probably wont care bc ill be busy levelling my Coolness to cop cyberdrugs off wasters.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The shooting needs to be just good enough to keep me interested in pushing the plot forward. If the questlines are as branching as the demo made it look, it’s gonna be some god-tier gaming.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i wish it wasnt open world. it should be small detailed zones like vampire bloodlines thats the way to go. in fact the whole game should be bloodlines

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i wish it wasnt open world. it should be small detailed zones like vampire bloodlines thats the way to go. in fact the whole game should be bloodlines

you can have an open world that has great levels within it though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

yeah, i sort of agree, but i'm still generally looking forward to it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

If they keep it a critical path like Witcher 3 but you can choose to do stuff out of order if you want and each district is like its own zone whose quests are mostly all done in that zone and only occasionally have you wander around, that would be good to me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I prefer one big load (LOL) at the start like W3 over 1000 smaller ones spread thru the game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I prefer one big load (LOL) at the start like W3 over 1000 smaller ones spread thru the game

That's what I didn't like about the witcher 2. Every time I unlocked a new hub I would just get overwhelmed by all the content. Of course I'd eventually get into it, but I never finished the game because I gave up at the last hub.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://twitter.com/KittenFemme/status/1034427604881874944?s=19

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://twitter.com/necrophobicgoth/status/1034979006523817986?s=19

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't care about any of that poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Agreed.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im probably putting my foot in it here but cant they just pretend. or do they want the character creator to be like armoured core or spore or something

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

im probably putting my foot in it here but cant they just pretend. or do they want the character creator to be like armoured core or spore or something

What they want is the game developers to make a bold effort to validate there lives instead of leaving it up to make believe, which is what they have to do most of the rest of the time. Which, hell, I agree that a cyberpunk world would probably do what they said in the tweet, but they made the twitter accounts to complain about this kind of stuff, and all their other tweets on the subject are in the same vein but not even lore based, like how important it is if you can be a somewhat chubby girl in the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I.N.R.I posted:

They want every character in the game to be an ambiguous blob with a red mohawk because that's what their personal headcanon of a cyberpunk future is.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there a way to say that you aren't a biological gender that doesn't sound strange in a game like this. I keep thinking about Saint's rows breast and dick sliders.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the necrophobic goth tweet isn't as sensible but mostly cuz they think punk and cyberpunk are the same. But I'm thinking like, imagine a world where twitter has been full of Necrophobic Goth style people for the past 60 years, and it makes what 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓖𝓲𝓻𝓵 🎀💖said make sense to me, at least as far as Lore is concerned.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

The impression they've given is that this will be smaller but denser than Witcher in terms of the world. Honestly if there's interesting poo poo in the world it can work well in a tiny dense metropolis (Yakuza) or a massive continent-sized area (Witcher). I trust them either way. Witcher 3 is the first open world game I've played where I don't want to use fast travel. They know what they're doing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is there a way to say that you aren't a biological gender that doesn't sound strange in a game like this. I keep thinking about Saint's rows breast and dick sliders.

I think by 4 they went back to male/female option but I feel like I remember in 2 they just had a gender slider that would change your Bone Structure and it also had Sex Appeal which made your Rod or Boobs bigger. Or something like that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's asinine to expect a dev to cater to your Sonic OC or whatever

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Oookay i guess ill just discuss this in Games then :nyan:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Skylark posted:

You should enjoy the rest of your vacation and gently caress off with trying to talk to those idiots.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Skylark posted:

mfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cyberpunk 2077 has the LJN Seal of poo poo written all over it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

American McGay posted:

You should enjoy the rest of your vacation and gently caress off with trying to talk to those idiots.

This.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Games SUCKS!!!!!!!

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

American McGay posted:

Im in the hotel with my sister watching the bbc costume drama Larkrise to Candleford, which could be described as Pride and prejudicepunk or something like that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 has the LJN Seal of poo poo written all over it.

I'm inclined to agree...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The tweets are right about cyberpunk as an idea but I also don't expect the insane eastern european developers to understand gender studies

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

They want every character in the game to be an ambiguous blob with a red mohawk because that's what their personal headcanon of a cyberpunk future is.

thats the future for real. and i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The impression they've given is that this will be smaller but denser than Witcher in terms of the world. Honestly if there's interesting poo poo in the world it can work well in a tiny dense metropolis (Yakuza) or a massive continent-sized area (Witcher). I trust them either way. Witcher 3 is the first open world game I've played where I don't want to use fast travel. They know what they're doing.

The problem with making an open city is you're diminishing how big the city feels. Its supposed to be a massive sprawling behemoth but you can't make that. Better to put you in smaller fenced in areas of that giant city. Like Yakuza

• Locked thread