Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Gramps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Nice piece of fish posted:

The one and the same. Which one are you, then?

It's a secret. :ssh:
(I miss our days in Chernarus)

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Does your wood burner draw outside air for combustion or from your interior area?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Nice piece of fish posted:

Interior. It actually (as far as I understand modern stoves) has a secondary air intake that causes a secondary combustion of the wood gases causing a much more complete combustion of the wood overall. In effect, it produces much more heat per unit of wood, causes much less smoke, a lot less embers and thereby fire risk and leaves a lot less ash than traditional stoves and so needs much less cleaning. I can confirm all of the above.

Essentially, it ventilates the inside as it heats causing great indoor air quality. I'm very happy with it.

E: Forgot to mention, due to the aforementioned secondary combustion effect, it's essentially self-cleaning (on the inside) as it gets complete combustion of soot and carbon and such.

Only reason I mention it is with an air supply from outside, you are not pooping your warm interior air out the flue. If you are drawing from interior air, you are *pulling cold air in from outside through cracks in walls/doors/etc to compensate, thereby lowering the efficiency of overall heating. The only downside with the outside air supply is the loving omnipresent wasps here in the warm months that make themselves at home in the vent.

Our fireplace draws from the outside and poops out the burny air. No air is sucked out of the home. Once the radiant heat gets going it can stay hot and burn a lot longer with less fuel once you dial it in. Much like a good smoker.

(*or if you are in a 100% sealed cabin your air pressure will be sucked out and your eyeballs will explode in a comically violent way)

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 23, 2018

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

You should make a video with a Bon Iver soundtrack as you make stuff (play video games).