Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Grakkus posted:

1991 Citroen BX 14TGE "St. Tropez"

Outside of fixing a couple of coin-sized rust holes in the passenger sill, all this car needed was a good clean and service and some new tyres to be driveable. It has passed inspection now and is ready to act as my cheap UK transport! I spend about three months of the year there and this goofy little thing takes away my reliance on the (lovely, overpriced) public transport, and works out cheaper to boot.

God drat that brings back memories of my F-reg BX 16TRS with the brown interior. So you're saying it's available 9 months of the year? :haw:

Also I saw this last week:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Grakkus posted:

Lovely Fulvia, what event was this at? And if you're anywhere near Worcester, the next time I'm in the UK we can meet up and blast it down some country roads :)

Just a national trust property which means it gets driven for the love of it occasionally. That's only 90 minutes away, I sure I could find an excuse for nostalgia's sake.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

MrOnBicycle posted:

I'd love to have a V6 with the pneumatic suspension and daily it.

So would anyone with a V6 with pneumatic suspension :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I regret selling mine so much. Good on you for putting the effort in.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

No word of a lie think of me when you eventually want to sell either of those, the white one particularly.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Holy poo poo why did you even waste time posting that's incredible. Do it do it do it!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've been browsing BX adverts because of you and the cars are firmly in 2 camps at this point - "I know what I got future classic £3k+" and "tatty, some issues, £300+". Looks like they'll never get cheaper than they are now so picking up a whole parts car is probably the best way to go.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Secret plan uncovered :v: if you find a dedicated breaker with a suitable hatch I'm sure they could easily ask £200+ so if you've space and time (always a problem with projects) a parts car is a good idea.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a cream one with a brown interior, mine was a 16TRS and fully equipped.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'd honestly be tempted to go with C personally, but I'm a horrific cheapskate.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm sure there's a difference between good and bad paint but I can't imagine anyone who wants a good reputation long-term would cheap out there, not after spending the hours in prep needed to get a good finish.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rattle it over some cobbled streets, that'll settle it down properly.

Saw this the other day and thought of this thread

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Electrical problems in a French car? :monocle: Funnily enough of the French cars I've owned my bx had no electrical problems despite having electrical everything.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I admire your perseverance, and the self control required not to yeet the whole drat car over the fence.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've never seen an XM in that colour and the wheels are amazing, great find!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I wasn't sold until I saw the original seats

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Chrpno posted:

So next, I'm looking at:

- Pug 607
- Citroen C5
- 407 sedan
- 407 coupe

all with the lovely ES9 V6, similar age and mileage and price. Which one should be mine?

#07's all look terribly unbalanced to me, very nose heavy. The C5 only looks okay in wagon form but then it's only redeeming feature is the incredible load space.

So I vote 407 wagon?