Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

the honk meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

American McGay posted:

Gooses honk. How the gently caress is that a "meme"? What the gently caress is wrong with your brain dude?

I shan't be flamed. It's the "press x to _" meme.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its an instruction in a video game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[after opening the manual for my brand new tv and seeing the words "press the power button to turn on"] wow, epic memes much? i dont believe samsung has resorted to such high level of aids to appeal to the normie crowd

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

Its appearance in the trailer suggests a gimmicky presentation to me. But maybe I'm wrong. Enjoy the goose game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think at this point 'meme game' is just a catch-all term for any game that uses overt goofiness- usually of an 'ironic' sort- as an excuse to mask lazy programming and gimmick-driven gameplay... stuff like Goat Simulator, Goose Simulator, Bread Simulator, Mayonnaise Simulator, etc. Very deeply bad games, both on an aesthetic level and a moral and spiritual one ('irony' humor is inseparably associated with misanthropy, insincerity and nihilism)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

envelopode posted:

Its appearance in the trailer suggests a gimmicky presentation to me. But maybe I'm wrong. Enjoy the goose game.

no ones questioning the gimmicky nature of the game but your argument about a game telling you what buttons to press is a meme

envelopode
Aug 23, 2018

Maybe I've got the wrong semantics here. My take on the goose game is that it looks like it's designed and marketed to become a stream fad that kids later buy during Steam sales.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Try out posting in games you might have the right semantics for there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think its ok for a game to be cute

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

maybe a better term would be streamer bait like the 5 Freddy's games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's so weird of a game.. WTF?! shout out to AndyRichterBelmont666 for the sub welcome to shwazz crew *presses a button that goes DURKA MOHAMMAD*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

it looks like an entertaining environmental puzzle game. maybe sort of like a low-key adventure game kind of thing. if it's 20 bucks or less, and review suggest more than a gimmick, i'll buy it.

me2

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should just make toki tori 2 again but instead of tweet to navigate the environmental puzzles to solve the riddles of the oil aliens you honk to solve the environmental puzzles to steal someones picnic food

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's so weird of a game.. WTF?! shout out to AndyRichterBelmont666 for the sub welcome to shwazz crew *presses a button that goes DURKA MOHAMMAD*

i cant wait for the motherfucker mike matei solo stream

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For what it's worth, I don't dislike how the game looks or think it will suck, but it just looks like something where I feel like seeing the gameplay video of it from 2 years ago is enough for me.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think at this point 'meme game' is just a catch-all term for any game that uses overt goofiness- usually of an 'ironic' sort- as an excuse to mask lazy programming and gimmick-driven gameplay... stuff like Goat Simulator, Goose Simulator, Bread Simulator, Mayonnaise Simulator, etc. Very deeply bad games, both on an aesthetic level and a moral and spiritual one ('irony' humor is inseparably associated with misanthropy, insincerity and nihilism)

Take that back about I Am Bread. It's a hard platformer

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm pressing x to honk at this post

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the animation is really fluid, and it took like 2 years in development to come out, so i don't think it's going to be garbage in terms of programming (maybe in terms of design).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think people are lazily lumping it in with Goat Simulator (which is a lovely meme game) because you control an animal and do fun stuff. Obviously it looks pretty shallow from what we've seen but the gameplay/stealth/puzzle aspect of it seems interesting.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

maybe a better term would be streamer bait like the 5 Freddy's games

its this. im pretty sure i saw that exact video years ago so i doubt the finished game is going to be any more complicated than whats in the video

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
shame cos geese are pretty lulzy , theyre pretty smart as birds go, super stupid looking, theyre kind of noble in a weird way etc. if they really cared about geese theyd celebrate them properly, by making a full blown 200 hour long JRPG.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
it kinda looked like hitman-lite to me, but instead of distracting a guy to kill him you just eat his sandwich. that seemed good to me

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

shame cos geese are pretty lulzy , theyre pretty smart as birds go, super stupid looking, theyre kind of noble in a weird way etc. if they really cared about geese theyd celebrate them properly, by making a full blown 200 hour long JRPG.

This.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Geese Story, coming soon to Switch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goose turds look human

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

anyway this game will be hot for 2 weeks and forgotten just like that stupid guy in a cauldron climbing game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think it's okay for a game to just be a cool little thing. Not everything needs to be a billion hour roguelike lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

an actual dog posted:

I think it's okay for a game to just be a cool little thing. Not everything needs to be a billion hour roguelike lol

Relax, nobody is saying any of that you idiot

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

an actual dog posted:

yes they do! they all need to do that!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Relax, nobody is saying any of that you idiot

ol yeller posted:

yes they do! they all need to do that!

:raise:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

ol yeller is a notorious FYAD troll. ALWAYS check the postcount before replying!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just so everyone knows I originally wrote "badass" in the thread title. Mods changed it to what it is now. I think the game looks good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this game looks bad, gas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its this. im pretty sure i saw that exact video years ago so i doubt the finished game is going to be any more complicated than whats in the video

this game was announced less than a year ago. im looking forward to it as long as its like 10 bucks...seems pretty cheerful.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Geese Story, coming soon to Switch

do not disrespect golf story. that game was tight as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

do not disrespect golf story. that game was tight as hell.

it would have been way better with more actual golfing and less bullshit mini-game nonsense but it was cool

• Locked thread