Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

CIA coup against Moon in 5, 4, 3...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Graphic posted:

which cia

kcia or american

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

bob dobbs is dead posted:

which cia

kcia or american

probably both

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Graphic posted:

I didn't read the article. Are they nationalizing resources as well?

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

pushpins posted:

I didn't read the article. Are they nationalizing resources as well?

Threatening to change the status quo is enough. The North Korean "threat" is one of the main justifications and drivers for extreme military spending, the MIC graft that comes with it, and for the surveillance state.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they can always find some other country of devious conniving foreigners with a state budget of a buck fifty who can be an extremely credible existential threat to the us

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Prav posted:

they can always find some other country of devious conniving foreigners with a state budget of a buck fifty who can be an extremely credible existential threat to the us

but it's better to keep all the ones we currently have and add more

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i guess well see what the path of least resistance is

coups are tricky. telling americans that some bunch of foreigners must be murdered, well

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Prav posted:

yeah, but is that country going to be right next to both China and the Pacific Ocean?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 hours!)

Some Guy TT posted:

id actually argue south korean politics isnt as bad as it looks because the main obvious problems are how major corporations intelligence services and obviously incompentent morons hold way too much unofficial power but south korean society at least acknowledges these are bad things which puts them a couple of decades ahead of us while simultaneously and hilariously giving ignorant foreigners the impression that south koreas problems are unique

You can call me by name, fucker!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

yeah, but is that country going to be right next to both China and the Pacific Ocean?

I'm sure the Philippines or some other SE Asian country could be flipped into being a pseudo-hostile Anti-American, but not quite pro-Chinese power.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah one of the many things i like about south korean politics is how rightfully suspicious they are of their political aparatus, wish we were like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graphic
Sep 4, 2018

It's like Lenin said

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure the Philippines or some other SE Asian country could be flipped into being a pseudo-hostile Anti-American, but not quite pro-Chinese power.

it would take a lot for the Philippines. it's one of the most (if not THE most) pro-American countries in the world. colonial stockholm syndrome I guess

but if those new bases get put in the will be a bunch of US soldiers raping locals as per usual and then they might hate us again like at the end of the cold war

• Locked thread