Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1035337676768071681

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
...and hack is mercifully done. For the game, for the eagles, and for his NFL career. I'm free

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, they yanked him for being so bad in the 4th preseason game from that tweet?

Like they put the other quarterback back in just to get him off the field? I'm not sure I've ever heard of that happening.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Doctor Syrup posted:

Edmund Nelson would've eaten the ribs.

haha wtf

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, they yanked him for being so bad in the 4th preseason game from that tweet?

Like they put the other quarterback back in just to get him off the field? I'm not sure I've ever heard of that happening.

Supposedly the plan was always to play each of them for one quarter in each half. :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

Supposedly the plan was always to play each of them for one quarter in each half. :shrug:

Ooh, does that mean maybe his night isn't over? That's actually more exciting. e: oh I guess it's the 4th quarter, nevermind.

Unrelated--I love listening to color announcers explain the exact opposite of the visual evidence on what is happening on the screen in front of them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

marvin lewis challenged a play in the 4th preseason game

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It appears the Packers look fourth game of the preseason ok I guess.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What was the magic preseason total number of points scored that determined whether your team would be bad or not ?

E: found it. It’s 44 points.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/940aue/oc_why_44_points_scored_is_the_magic_number_for/

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Diva Cupcake posted:

What was the magic preseason total number of points scored that determined whether your team would be bad or not ?

Edit: I could've sworn it was 41.

Also, Packers offense looking sharp. Hundley won't be missed. Oops.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 31, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Big Beef City posted:

It appears the Packers look fourth game of the preseason ok I guess.

McGloin might be winning the third quarterback job here, which annoys me.

Play better defense, random Packer backups.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LSU fans Darrell Williams looks good

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Lolgiants

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Okay apparently twitter is getting on Charlie for not eating the ribs live on camera and he says he's gonna do it.

We'll see.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

C-Euro posted:

Eagles radio keeps going on about how they haven't had a touchdown in two weeks, did Hack play last week as well?

I'm not sure if you're just making a joke but no I don't think he played in that game. That was all Foles and . . . the other guy

Phyein posted:

...and hack is mercifully done. For the game, for the eagles, and for his NFL career. I'm free

nooooooooooooooooooooo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So the thing about that 44 points thing is that no team since 1983 has scored below 44 points in the preseason had won a playoff game or made it out of the wild card round.

Currently both the Eagles and Falcons are on pace to be below that number. If the Eagles get a TD here they’ll be at 44 exactly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure a Bengals safety just blew out his knee after getting a pick. Non-contact injury.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Byron Pringle is having a good game. I always liked him at K State, hopefully he can catch on with the practice squad or get picked up by someone else. I don't think he has much chance of making the Chiefs 53.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Eifert Posting posted:

Pretty sure a Bengals safety just blew out his knee after getting a pick. Non-contact injury.

Yeah he dead. Sucks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought that guy gave himself up to make sure he didn't fumble but he actually did it because it hurted very bad To stand up any more

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Philadelphia Eagles have scored a touchdown.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, lol I missed this after turning the game off:

https://twitter.com/fearthe_beard11/status/1035344842178678784

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I haven’t been watching but AJ McCarron’s statline is worse than Hackenburg’s

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Texans have scored 60 points so far this pre-season, so that’s statistically good.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Why is Jesse Ventura calling the Cardinals Broncos game?

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Holy gently caress it really is Jesse Ventura. A man of many talents.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Byron Pringle is having a good game. I always liked him at K State, hopefully he can catch on with the practice squad or get picked up by someone else. I don't think he has much chance of making the Chiefs 53.

poo poo he just pulled a hamstring :(

The Juggernaut posted:

I saw a random old episode of the X Files that had guest spots from Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek of all people last night.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Browns broadcast has a constant ad at the bottom for MANCAN wine "awesome wine in a can" lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Juggernaut posted:

I'm not saying it is him but holy gently caress this one dude is dead loving on.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Preseason where every QB (but Cam) gets the Tom Brady treatment by refs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Armani Watts has some ball skills, which is nice I guess.

I wish he was better at actually playing football.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Doctor Syrup posted:

Edmund Nelson would've eaten the ribs.

P...pics???
:ohdear:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad about the knee of the Bengals safety whose name I had to Google.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Hard to believe Seattle has managed to score 6 against Oakland already.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm not saying it is him but holy gently caress this one dude is dead loving on.

Twitter says it's Ron Wolfley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVYcaWdI8IY

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
He's celebrating the type of hits and attitude the NFL is desperately trying to legislate out, and it's awesome

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I remember hearing Jesse Ventura guy call a game a couple of years ago, and yeah it's crazy. Like he stole his voice or something. Like did Jesse Ventura fall in love with a human prince and give up his voice to be with him. Tha answer is sure, could be.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Charlie didn't eat the ribs. I feel betrayed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hawks/Raiders has been pretty entertaining. Shaquem Griffin is all over the loving field dude is a madman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
are you loving serious bills

• Locked thread