Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Up to episode 6 so far. So far it seems pretty generic, retreading the same territory as 24 and Homeland. It's not bad, but not amazing either. One plot point stood out as not making any sense to me:

Episode 3: Creepy rapist guy gets hit by a drone strike at the end of the episode.
Episode 6: He comes back, totally fine, and is chasing after the girls again. Are we supposed to believe he walked away from that without a scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Binged the rest of the series. A few more thoughts:

- Bunk is the best actor on this show by miles.
- Jim has zero chemistry with ebola doctor, which makes their romance subplot really boring.

(Spoilers for last two episodes):

- God drat his marine backstory is all sorts of hosed up.
- The ploy of using the hostages as the attack vector was initially interesting but ended up going nowhere fast. Shouldn't they have done health checks on the hostages before releasing them and having them meet with the president?
- The hostages were originally kidnapped by some other guy. But after the raid on the compound we find out Sulieman had intended to infect Dr. Nadler to get to the president. So was the kidnapping planned or not?
- Lol at DHS guy welcoming terrorist #1 into the country.
- The cesium stuff kind of came out of left field. Reminded me a lot of 24 with its ever escalating "but that was just a distraction for my real plan".
- The terrorists really should have found themselves a payphone they could have used to call the hospital line.
- Why did Ryan not have any comms or call for backup or tell anyone where he was going at the end there?