Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Only watched up to episode three so far. What the gently caress was up with the Lee Turgeson plot line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ElectricSheep posted:

Speaking of this point in the series (watched up to e3 on a Vegas flight and I'll continue on the way home) it seemed a bit of an unnecessary detour to spend so much narrative heft and screen time on Tombstone the drone pilot's lovely personal life and massive guilt. Yeah, heavy-handed blood money metaphor, I get it. But it was kind of like they decided the episode would be ten minutes shorter if they didn't devote time to the backstory of the deus ex machina, which I don't think I've ever seen before.

I mean, maybe it was meant to be a narrative curveball? I mean, as someone that watched a lot of these types of movie when I was younger, I fully expected the two of them to kill the drone pilot and take his credentials for an attack on the base. That pretty much is a constant around this point of the story in the genre. I just don’t get the dissonance between the early 00’s open air terrorist training camps operating at the same time as the drone strikes that put an end to them.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Diabetic posted:

I really enjoyed the show. I don't think of him as Jim so I guess that helps out a lot. Kinda hoping they go through the whole series of Jack Ryan bookswith this.

They probably will, Amazon has slapped Krasinski on the covers of all the Jack Ryan audio books.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I mentioned it earlier in the thread but it does feel like a red herring. It’s absolutely the place a lot of these stories would introduce a fifth column.

Is there any service I can stream Strike Back? Aside from Cinemax streaming.