Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Here lies Suleiman, shot in the back by John Patrick Ryan over a matter of 40 mg of cesium.]

Binged the whole thing when I probably shouldn't have. The main plot sounds like someone with a head injury describing Executive Orders. Dude is orphaned by Israelis, rejected and imprisoned by the French, so he takes a shot at the American president? Okay sure. We go through a detailed subplot of them safely and successfully weaponizing Ebola but just handwave finding enough material to make a dirty bomb, and successfully smuggling it and all my terrorist buddies into the U.S. for reasons? Sure. "We've been rolling with cell phone detonators for seven episodes, but this time I made sure to bring equipment to wire it to a land line just in case we are discovered and they implement a protocol that we didn't otherwise expect or plan for but allow us still execute our nefarious plan so long as we don't run to the only parts of the city that don't have cell phone coverage. Great! Our hero's journey is learning to not give a gently caress about civilian casualties? Jesus.

Why the gently caress didn't Terrorist Wunderkind activate the bomb after getting away clean?

beanieson posted:

It’s watchable but with plenty of flaws. Anybody ever catch the AMC show Rubicon? Really good single season slow burn spy thriller that was very realistic.

Rubicon is good, but I really wish it had gone the bonkers way it was set up to in the pilot. It quickly shift gears from a show where analysts are looking for terrorist chatter in the loving crossword to something way more grounded that is well done, but less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU