Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

CeeJee posted:

Now I've finished it this is Strike Back with half the charm and a quarter of the action.

I quite liked Jack Ryan, but this is spot on.

This made me start rewatching Strike Back and even the british season with Armitage plays better.

This is roughly on par with the Nu! Strike Back that premiered earlier this year - by no means bad and certainly has its moments. But its got a good long ways to go before really clicking on a higher level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Tehran 1979 posted:

God drat, I read all the pages of the thread waiting to see if anyone else noticed they straight up ripped off the ending of the movie Heat.

Both involve:
-Protagonist spotting antagonist outside large building with cops all over (Hospital vs hotel)
-Antagonist seeing the person they care for the most (Suleiman's son vs De Niro's girlfriend)
-Antagonist's loved one seeing the antagonist choose to abandon them so they can get away
-Protagonist killing antagonist at mass transit station (subway vs airplane runaway)

:psyduck:

Its almost like basic story structure or something.

Like yeah, I thought the finale was a bit of a damp fart, but still.