Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

LesterGroans posted:

Abbie Cornish really sucks out loud in this, which is unfortunate.

I don't know if it is the acting writing or directing, but I concur. Getting uber upset that a guy who told you his job was a boring job turning out to be a pseudo badass agent guy is kind of :wtf:
*just tracked down wife of Bin Laden type and saved 12 hostages* I CAN'T TRUST YOU!
Really came off as dumb.

Rocksicles posted:

He's a suit and tie wearing motherfucker.

I just watch him and imagine the character IS Bunk and somehow landed the CIA job after his stint with Baltimore Homicide.
He needs a cigar. I expect at certain moments for him to turn to Jim and say "There you go giving a gently caress, when it's not your turn to give a gently caress". Jim has a little McNutty in him. Fake edit: Show needs Bubbles

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

nooneofconsequence posted:

They really blew it not having Bunk investigate the issue at the Baltimore docks.

That would have been golden, especially if there was a cameo by McNulty.

I could do with another "gently caress. gently caress Me. Motherfucker. Fuckers. gently caress." scene.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Phenotype posted:

This irritated me too, as it usually does when someone reveals their secret identity as a selfless hero and their friends get mad. Literally all he'd told her was "My job is really boring, I just keep track of buying boring stuff for the government, let's not talk about it anymore because it's so boring." It's not like there was some intricate web of lies that he'd been maintaining.

When he was telling her that it was a boring job I assumed it was a wink-wink nudge-nudge cannot-talk-about-it-so-lets-drop-it thing.
Her outrage was jarringly dumb. She even griped about the scars. Did he not tell her about Afghanistan?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Crosspost:
Bunk can run like a motherfucker when off camera.

Stairmaster posted:

I think they overestimated how far they could get by with brand recognition. That or Amazon just doesn't have a talented pool of screenwriters

I dunno, I quite enjoyed Goliath. Well, season one at least.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 6, 2018

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

The final Jim episode, did the same plan occur in a Clancy book, or did they swipe it directly from an episode of Criminal Minds?