Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It's like, at least for the action at the end of ep1 and ep2 they didn't talk to a single military or law enforcement expert..

I mean Tom Clancy has problems, but one thing he always did in his origional Ryanverse books was talk to military folks. Sure sometimes it was to wank off with future war stuff but this poo poo never would have flown in a Clancy book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Timby posted:

No, instead he would have spent six pages talking about every single aspect of an Abrams tank or an F-15 or some poo poo.

Sure but like if any show is gonna do that it should be a Tom Clancy show.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I will say I love the look in the last ep that Kathy gives the Secret Service guy as she hits the fire alarm.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

mcmagic posted:

Terrorist guy tells his son that the mother is dead but the next episode he says "we're going to save your mother and sisters..."

Yeah kind of strange the son was never mad about that.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah with the girlfriend , she wanted to keep it casual why would he disclose his incredibly classified job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I think it was just a clancyism. He would always get into the backstory of some random person with a bunch of detail only to have them be a minor-albeit-key player later on.