Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Oof, John Krasinski it wholly unconvincing whenever he has to be tough or show some spine.

CeeJee posted:

Ep 2, so happy to see the return of CTU perimeters where the main baddie can walk out of easily, unnoticed by anyone not named Jack

And then he just sorta let's him get away. Shows should have better writing than this in 2018.

Human Tornada fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

It's like, at least for the action at the end of ep1 and ep2 they didn't talk to a single military or law enforcement expert..

I mean Tom Clancy has problems, but one thing he always did in his origional Ryanverse books was talk to military folks. Sure sometimes it was to wank off with future war stuff but this poo poo never would have flown in a Clancy book.

Yeah, those French SWAT guys were totally owned by what looked like 5 teenagers who were smoking pot 30 seconds ago.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Krasinski is the worst element of the show for me, even more than the sloppy writing. He seems like a nice guy in real life, but he just doesn't have the range to pull off the self-serious, tortured bad-rear end. I'll probably keep watching just for Wendell Pierce.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Wizgot posted:

saw the first episode and it was meh. Does it get any better. Also, why didn't they just shoot him as they were exiting the room at the end? It doesn't seem like he would be able to lob a grenade down the hallway when he has 5 rounds in his chest/head.

That's about par for the course for the whole series.