Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

lol the french police are so incompetent in this show

etalian posted:

This show is basically a republican dream come true especially the whole incompetent dumb foreigners bit.

I was in Paris last summer. They're undertrained. Casually sweeping civilians with the muzzles of their SMGs while on patrol was my particular favorite (saw this so much I turned it into a drinking game, suspect they weren't even loaded because who the gently caress does that), followed by never looking up in a city of man-made canyons. What the hell are they patrolling if they aren't checking those sight lines? Then an actual incident went down (not exciting, some nut with a hammer @ Notre Dame) and I got to see the French version of SWAT in action. They were screaming more than the civilians, apparently unaware that screaming doesn't calm anything down. I seriously thought this one guy in heavy body armor ten feet away was going to stroke out. He was wearing more armor than Optimus Prime, and was like beet-loving-red and hollering at an APC for awhile until he finally realized no one was inside of it. Maybe he was mad that someone left an APC unattended in the middle of the street? I'd be mad too, but yelling at the vehicle isn't going to help. How about use one of the radios attached to your body?

Then the army showed and things tightened up. I think they figured a lone wolf was either a nutjob or a honeypot, spread out and got elevation. Good firearm discipline and no fear on their faces. Swept for unexploded IEDs immediately instead of clustering up and gawking at each other. The training difference was huge.

Show is good. Best Jack Ryan since Red October but still Jack Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU