Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Show is ok, entertaining but not worth rewatching. Seems like they're just milking the Tom Clancy / Jack Ryan name. Not a lot of correlation between the character of Jack Ryan in the books vs this show. Agree with the other comments that the bad guys have more interesting plot than the good guys.

Zaphod42 posted:

Good show. Wish they bothered to keep track of bullet counts though, magic pistols everywhere that seem to carry 20 bullets or more. They waste them on half-assed shots and never seem to reload or carry extra magazines, and yet they just keep shooting.

Also the ending had a major plot hole for me...

(ENDING SPOILER) At the end there's a bomb with a cell phone activation. The secret service shuts down the cell tower so the terrorists can't call the bomb. I'm expecting the leader to send one of the terrorists back inside to manually set the bomb off, sacrificing himself but keeping the plan going. But instead they say "we need to get far enough away" and they go running to try to get to another cell phone tower. This makes zero loving sense, as the bomb would still have to be able to receive the call, and the bomb isn't moving now is it? When Jack gets to the terrorist and shoots him, he grabs his phone to see that it had JUST gotten cell phone service, and he shuts the phone off, just in the neck of time to save the bomb from going off. Except, how the hell did that call connect? Doesn't really work. Sloppy.

At 24:30 it shows them hardwiring it to land line. Also a lot of handguns can carry 20 rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

Phenotype posted:

What's a better version of this show that I can jump on? Flaws and all, it really hit my 24 itch that I thought had been scratched for good, and I do wish there were more than 8 episodes. I fell off of Homeland around season 4, so I don't know that I'd want to try jumping back on.

Can't think of anything that is a close match. Killing Eve and The Americans are both recent good spy shows though.