Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Awaken me upon the completion of the ninth month of the calendar year.

The 9th month is when the babby pops out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

irregular poster reporting in

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

epic bird guy posted:

:woop:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Holy gently caress everyone with an android preview a :woop: reply it goes nuts. Probably different height frames.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

currently fixing my broken saab and attaching a hard line vacuum hose connector behind and underneath the intake manifold :toot:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Just got a replacement exhaust manifold for my Equinox delivered. Not really looking forward to doing that this weekend but at least it'll stop sounding like a freight train every time I start my car.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Confession, I've had a transmission leak for almost a year that loses around a quart of fluid a month. Its the dipstick oring thats leaking and I've had the replacement sitting in the cupholder for 6 months. I'm just too lazy to do it and park reverse in my driveway and keep a bottle of trans fluid around since it only leaks when I park on an incline.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dagen H posted:

Non-automotive confession: I have nothing of value to contribute to these forums. I'm just here to drop dadjokes and one-liners, and to collect emptyquotes and golfclaps to bolster my weak self-esteem.

I enjoy your posts.

My confession: I have two urine sample bottles on my shelf that are full of used engine oil from the last two changes.

Visitors probably think there is something very wrong with my urinary system.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm replacing my clutch this weekend, so I've got to get the flywheel off my car by the end of the night, so I can get it to a machine shop in the morning, so I can pick it up on Tuesday, and then hopefully reinstall my transmission in time for school on Wednesday morning. I've never done any transmission related work before, aside from clutch hydraulics

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

spog posted:

I enjoy your posts.

That's nice of you to say :3:

The Door Frame posted:

I'm replacing my clutch this weekend, so I've got to get the flywheel off my car by the end of the night, so I can get it to a machine shop in the morning, so I can pick it up on Tuesday, and then hopefully reinstall my transmission in time for school on Wednesday morning. I've never done any transmission related work before, aside from clutch hydraulics

Make drat sure you put the clutch disc in facing the right direction, or it won't release. AMHIK. It should be marked FLYWHEEL SIDE.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dagen H posted:

Most of you probably have me on ignore anyway.

I'm sorry, did you say something?
Edit: kidding. Amazingly, none of you have annoyed me enough to warrant ignoring. In software, at least.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Keep a running tally going. Gotta be sure you're regular.

Drove twice to Tucson this week. Finally some good* loving mileage

(*For relative values of "good." I've been plagued with like 14 mpg for the past two months.)

Driving the Vic down to Austin from Dallas this coming Wednesday for business. Hoping to see something in the low 20s, as I've never really done an extended highway run in it. best so far is 19 when I had to visit family 50 miles away by highway several times on one tank. Normally get 16-17, with the way I drive (leadfoot) and the optional performance gear ratio.

spog posted:

I enjoy your posts.

My confession: I have two urine sample bottles on my shelf that are full of used engine oil from the last two changes.

Visitors probably think there is something very wrong with my urinary system.

That reminds me that I should probably send in another sample from the Crown Vic to Blackstone. It's been almost a year, I think. Probably should do one for the Kia, too. comedy option: my AE86 with 200K miles on the 4AC.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
my automotive confession is that i hate working on cars

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Darchangel posted:

I'm sorry, did you say something?
Edit: kidding. Amazingly, none of you have annoyed me enough to warrant ignoring. In software, at least.

The only goon to piss me off enough to actually add to my ignore list was Snatch Duster.

Edit VVVVV: :aaa: :barf:

... that guy that was buying retaliatory avs for being called out about dog loving ....

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 31, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have that guy that was buying retaliatory avs for being called out about dog loving on my ignore list, and SMG because I dared to enter CD.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I had one dude from GBS on ignore because he was just a bad dumb white-noise poster. He got perma'd last week with the reason "You're the worst poster on this website. Don't come back."

And I agree!

Cars though:

Both of these bastards are fantastic. No big people invited though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I have that guy that was buying retaliatory avs for being called out about dog loving on my ignore list, and SMG because I dared to enter CD.

SMG's posts are about as bad as.... wait called out for dog loving??????

OP is good, no clouds

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fridge corn posted:

I hate *having* to work on a car, especially with a deadline. I like working on projects that I *want* to do. This is pretty much what I answer when people ask me why I didn't become a mechanic. It would make me hate cars. See: the cobbler's shoes, the mechanic's car, my home computer setup (I'm a PC toucher,) etc.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Nothing on his rap sheet from AI, so he obviously was not a very good poster (or person).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Exactly the reason I drive Toyota appliances

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

epic bird guy posted:

currently fixing my broken saab and attaching a hard line vacuum hose connector behind and underneath the intake manifold :toot:

my september confession is that I lurk FYAD :goofy:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

My confession is that I've had a terrible craving for a Bloomin' Onion for a while now.

Like, I know outback is going to be hot garbage, it always is, but like once a year the Onion calls to me. :v:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Dagen H posted:

That's nice of you to say :3:

Make drat sure you put the clutch disc in facing the right direction, or it won't release. AMHIK. It should be marked FLYWHEEL SIDE.

Thanks for the tip, there's nothing quite like doing it wrong to teach you how to do it right. Speaking of which, I'm too exhausted to finish pulling anything, and now I know not to approach a completely new problem after taking tests all morning and watching my niece all afternoon. I'll have to hope that the guys at the machine shop don't gently caress off early tomorrow for Labor Day weekend make sure I can borrow someone's car for Wednesday

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My confession is that as time goes on, the less "AI" I have become. Absurdly, my AI-ness has an inverse relationship with my expanding mechanical ability and budget. :shrug:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Should I buy a Panasonic TZ200 (I think it's called the ZS200 in the US) as a do-everything/holiday camera?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fridge corn posted:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Achievement unlocked:

Ate an entire Bloomin onion in one sitting.

I don't have many regrets in this life, but this is certainly among them.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

my september confession is that I lurk FYAD :goofy:

Same

I even got a message about it!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KakerMix posted:

Both of these bastards are fantastic. No big people invited though.

It's funny, I'm 6'1" but I know for a fact I fit in the driver's seat of both of those without a problem. I have Kevin Randleman syndrome - long torso and short limbs.

Fortunately I don't have any of the other health afflictions Kevin suffered. RIP Monster :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

OP is good, no clouds

There was a guy who admitted in a GBS thread that he hosed his dog or something when he was younger, and whenever you called him out on it he bought you an avatar of...dogs loving. My avatar history has one (right click and view image, then decrement the numbers in the filename. Have to do it individually for different filetypes png/gif/jpg).

OZARK SEASON 2 BAYBEE THAT CAME OUTTA NOWHERE

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I am top 10 in AI for posts/hr and frankly I am offended at being left out. who cares if i don't have a thing i'm known for NOTICE ME

Just got back from the MBMBAM live show, was an absolute riot. You know an audience question is gonna be good when it starts with "So Guy Fieri just opened a new restaurant at Disney..."

And then I get home to discover that the first part of DBZA 60 aka the Cell Saga finale just went up. What a blessed Friday this is.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Enourmo posted:

I am top 10 in AI for posts/hr and frankly I am offended at being left out. who cares if i don't have a thing i'm known for NOTICE ME

Just got back from the MBMBAM live show, was an absolute riot. You know an audience question is gonna be good when it starts with "So Guy Fieri just opened a new restaurant at Disney..."

And then I get home to discover that the first part of DBZA 60 aka the Cell Saga finale just went up. What a blessed Friday this is.

Woah, new DBZA and new Venture Bros? Man, today is shaping up to be a great day.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
My AI confession is that for the first time in a very long time I’ve started to find free time where there is nothing I have to do, and as such I don’t know what to do with myself.

That’s not very automotive though, so I guess I could mention these times have me shirking my responsibility to repair the ITR.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Just spent the last of my fun-employment money on insurance for the Datsun and White FD. New job starts Tuesday. Question is what should I drive? :D

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

angryrobots posted:

My confession is that as time goes on, the less "AI" I have become. Absurdly, my AI-ness has an inverse relationship with my expanding mechanical ability and budget. :shrug:

20 years ago, I loved the idea with tinkering with something to get it "just so". Now I just want poo poo to work - phone, router, computer, car, appliances, etc. It's 2018, I shouldn't have to fiddle with something to keep it on the network. Thankfully, my car cooperates, and I realize if a project car is older, there are different expectations, but... yeah.

Example of the ideal - CEC/ARC (audio return channel) was always weird with the Samsung tv and Onkyo receiver. Moved and bought a new, huge Vizio tv. CEC works perfectly now with the Onkyo! Thanks Samsung. :|

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want a car with integrated dash cam (front and rear cams) that is integrated into the infotainment system and you can sync the videos to your phone with ease.

Anybody doing that?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

What's up, you cool baby?

I last watched DBZ at, like, the loving Majin Buu saga. I tried GT or whatever that was, it was terrible. Maybe I should catch up on Abridged? It's been like ten years since I've seen any but I do remember them being good.

I mean, after Ozark, of course.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

DBZ ended at Buu, there's Super now but that's its own thing. DBZA is extremely good, the difference in editing between season 1 and now is mind-blowing. They're basically producing a whole new show at a professional level, just with jokes.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I like working on cars when I don't gently caress it up.

ExplodingSims, I get the same yearly craving. Fortunately I can split the problem up with my wife.

Confession: I recently developed some upper (neck) spinal issues. I am terrified.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

epic bird guy posted:

Hello fellow irregular poster! :wave:

Unrelated, it's 2018 and I can't pay a drat speeding ticket online. Gotta mail it in... to the revenue office that's 4 km away from my apartment. The stamp cost more than it the gas to drive there and back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My AI confessions:

I genuinely enjoy all aspects of the F&F franchise and will strongly defend and uphold Tokyo Drift as one of the best films of the franchise.

I also occasionally wonder if I should have plunked down all the money I spent on the M3 in a more responsible way like paying down the mortgage more or investing it all.

• Locked thread