Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

Buddy with the LS400 purchase just said that, under hard acceleration, the car sometimes stumbles and afterwards has a rough idle for a few minutes until it sorts itself out.

Other than basic maintenance stuff that we're going to tackle in a few weekends (plugs/wires/cap/filters/MAF cleaner), it sounds suspiciously like he's got the bad caps issue. At least a full set of rubycon replacements is only like $30, and I can tackle it in an afternoon. Toyota ended up using defective caps in their ECUs for like 10 years, from 1990-2000, in nearly every vehicle. Yay.

What year LS400? It wasn't as common in the last few years of the LS400, but was still around. Pretty much any strange issue that you can't fix can be related to the ECU capacitors, it's pretty amazing. I never had to bother trying this, but ClubLexus has a thread on checking the ECU before you replace the capacitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

If I was going to do cocktails I'm usually an old fashioned or manhattan kind of guy, but I've been enjoying making mai tais at home recently (using good rum, and the only fruit juice should be a bit of lime). If you really want to expand your drink horizon, find some Malort. It starts off with an anise flavor, then ends with a bitter ash tray aftertaste. You can make cocktails with it too - Malort + creme de menthe = super kool; Malort + creme de cacao = chocolate blunt.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Fermented Tinal posted:

Pack a day at 13.50 a pack.

Goddamn, must be the price in a state like CA or NY? I don't know what I thought a pack costs now, but I would have guessed ~$7. poo poo, you could probably smoke weed cheaper than that in CA, at least before it went from medical -> fully legal, and got a lot more regulated and expensive.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Cigarette butts aren't trash because they can be mildly inconvenient for someone to dispose of, and they don't have time for that 10 times a day.

• Locked thread