Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KakerMix posted:

Both of these bastards are fantastic. No big people invited though.

It's funny, I'm 6'1" but I know for a fact I fit in the driver's seat of both of those without a problem. I have Kevin Randleman syndrome - long torso and short limbs.

Fortunately I don't have any of the other health afflictions Kevin suffered. RIP Monster :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

You Am I posted:

Happy Fathers Day to all Aussie AI goon dads. Which I don't think there are any.

And reading and hearing stories from friends with babies, I'm sure as poo poo not gonna be the one.

Yo

Father's Day breakfast in bed was disrupted this morning by my 3-year-old coming up to the bed while my wife was in the shower saying "daddy I've got a huge poo in my nappy". The smell preceded it - she sure did.

We're all a little bit sick in my household, and we're going over to my wife's parents' place for lunch. This unfortunately means that my wife's sister and her husband and 10-month-old can't be there, because the little guy is immunocompromised and we don't want to give him anything. They're going to go over there for dinner after we've cleared out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dagen H posted:

I have a software problem.

What happens when you click the thing that says go online and resolve? I've seen it fix itself when it talks to the MS server and realises "actually it's fine".

Unless of course you do have a counterfeit copy of Win7 and you've been caught up in a recent sweep, in which case you're going to need to buy a key.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah MGS is right, a cheap Win7 key and then using the media creation tool to get you to 10 is where I would go with this.

slidebite posted:

Alyson Tabbitha is dressing up as Wonder Woman again

https://twitter.com/AlysonTabbitha/status/1036384008714838016

:stare:

She reminds me of the Russian woman that was cosplaying as Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones and people were like "nahh that's Natalie Dormer you can't trick me". Just absolute spot-on costume and makeup that made her an absolute spitting image of the TV character.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fo3 posted:

Could be worse, you could be contemplating timing chain and guides :(
I should really be getting on doing thaton my 300k km i6, but I had to sell my engine hoist a while back, and I have to deal with the fact that the battery is dead in my ute. Great, rego is due too. Pay rego for a ute that isn't going anywhere, or buy $200 battery and not have the funds to licence it?
Either way, I guess I have to put off the timing chain and guides off for at least another 2 months. phew, less worry about timing chain anyway...

Can you do 3-monthly rego in your state? They brought it in here last year and it's been great to smooth out the finances for our cars.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

slidebite posted:

That crystallizes your panic very well.

Since my wife and I got the carpets torn out of our place and replaced with floating floorboards, the sound of a cat puking at 3am is no longer cause for a mad dash to intercept. Worth every penny.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Well, gently caress. It's been a good run, but now we have to burn Philadelphia to the ground.

I'm not seeing the problem :australia:

Queen Combat posted:

I just watched the finale of Adventure Time and have nothing left to look forward to in life. Strangely empty now that a cartoon is over, which is not something I thought I'd ever think.

I have it on my DVR to watch and I kind of don't want to. Like I'm reading the last Discworld novel right now as well and going a hell of a lot slower than I have been for the previous ones, because once I finish it, that's it :(

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elmnt80 posted:

We can have multiple automotive patron saints, all representing the various aspects of AI. A patron saint of nascar, rally, movies, etc.

Colin Steele McRae, Patron Saint of Knowing Your Limits And Exceeding Them Anyway, may he do donuts in a WRX STI 22b for eternity.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
An Old Fashioned or a Moscow Mule are definitely my go-to when there's cocktails on offer, but if the bartender is good I'll ask for a Smoked Sazerac and watch them make it. Usually the whole bar stops when they start the process.

Watch this, well worth the 4~ minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfDZXizLmnk

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

slothrop posted:

Any sort of Negroni or Negroni variant. I’m a big fan of an Old Fashioned made with a heavily peated whisky. Ardbeg 10 if we’re not breaking the bank, Octomore if we are.

If you’re into single malt this is probably a good chance to try some expensive poo poo, do it early though. I drink whisky for a job and my palate is shot after like 6 whiskies. That’s when I transition back to beer or onto cocktails.

Alternatively, go pants-on-head-retarded and get a Flaming Lamborghini or some silly variant. The stupidest thing I ever made was a martini glass with three champagne flutes stacked in it and blue flaming liquor poured over the top. Make sure it’s out before you drink it :piss:

Slothrop knows his poo poo about this poo poo, I ordered some whisky on his recommendation that has been going down a drat treat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

slothrop posted:

Cool, what did you get? Whatever it is, glad you're enjoying it.

I got the Ben Nevis 10 and next payday I'm going to buy it again. This bottle keeps mysteriously getting lower and lower.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Seminal Flu posted:

Right in the feels.

I love that combination noise and feeling so much.

I miss my turbo :(

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fo3 posted:

Today was my mums birthday, I never forget the date anymore :v:
in 2001 it was around midnight here when it happened so I was up alone watching it until 8am. I guess most people in Australia were asleep since it was a wednesday.

Yeah I was just going to sleep when my roommate opened my door and turned the light on and said "get up someone flew a plane into the World Trade Centre". We were watching it live when the second plane hit. I remember the Channel Ten newsreader Sandra Sully was standing in front of a big monitor and clearly didn't have one in front of her because when the second plane hit she was saying something about "not sure if it's an accident or attack" and someone off-screen audibly said "holy poo poo". Sandra turned around and was just silent for a few seconds and then looked off screen, turned back to the camera and said "at this stage we believe it to be an orchestrated attack...?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

*liberates crimea*

Fixed that for you, tovarisch

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
imgur app is a loving dumpster fire

I use Opengur and while it dies every now and then for seemingly no reason, it's light years ahead of the official app

I've never had a problem with the Google Play app on my Nexus 5X. Except for the time my account forgot all my music suggestions for a day, and then because the only album I had played that it could teach its algorithm on was the Moana soundtrack for my 5-year-old daughter, it started playing kids' animated movie tunes exclusively.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fender Anarchist posted:

I've used the imgur app like twice, never again. These days I just toss whatever on my dropbox, then upload later on PC.

I also have an app called Imgur Android which has apparently been taken off the Google Play store that is just a dumb, no log-in image uploader. You select an image and hit the share icon, and at the end it spits out the raw url for you to copy. The icon looks like this and I can't find it on the store anymore, no matter the search terms I put in.

Still works, because I used it just now to upload that crop of the screenshot from my phone.

Memento fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 13, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LloydDobler posted:

So thanks to this thread I've discovered Gunship. I haven't been super enamored with a lot of the 80's throwback artists of the last few years, I think Kavinsky is boring as poo poo for example. But these guys are extremely good. And their videos even more so.

Give Perturbator a shot if you're into that sort of music, I vastly prefer them to Kavinsky.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The Russians used an older child’s lap

I came home from the hospital in a laundry basket lined with linen wraps. Apparently Russia also uses the "it's the 70s, we don't know poo poo" system of child safety.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fermented Tinal posted:

My b series ontario plates were starting to get pretty rough and cops will pull you over if they get much worse than this.

I qualified for free replacement with c series plates but to get those ones re-issued I would've had to get them as a vanity plate for around $300.

Worst part is they didn't let me keep them, I had to turn them in for destruction so now I have to go through life knowing that I didn't get to keep all my plates. :smith:

RIP BKSF 911, you were a great plate number and will be sorely missed.

You couldn't tell them "hey I need a new set of plates, the front one fell off after I hit a deer and I couldn't find it afterwards", meanwhile having the front plate pinned up in your garage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dagen H posted:

3 full-size trucks just went by...1 pulling a trailer hauling a '57 Chevy body on a rotisserie, all 3 with beds full of parts.

*jumps in taxi*

FOLLOW THAT TRUCK

• Locked thread