Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

For all the poo poo it got, I still think artifact 1 was a good card game that had a ton of cool ideas. I would much rather just pay to get the poo poo I want to play around with than the marvel snap path of the devs obfuscation a bunch of systems to nickel and dime you to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wait so there was really an artifact 2??? I never heard about it which somehow seems a lot worse than the loud public failure of the original game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Wait so there was really an artifact 2??? I never heard about it which somehow seems a lot worse than the loud public failure of the original game.
There was artifact foundry which wasnt really artifact 2 it was an internal project to reuse artifact's assets and rules to create a version of the game anyone could stand playing. So I guess it was artifact 2.0 in the same sense as overwatch 2.0. It's free but I'm not sure anyone has ever installed it, I only remember that the game had a lot of placeholder art that felt unprofessional to distribute it was so uncharming. Also artifact classic's client+presentation is the only thing the game has going for it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think the plan was to build an Artifact 2 but it was cancelled before it ever really got anywhere since the beta wasn't really any more compelling than the original game.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 6, 2023

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Shartifactwo

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!
I heard the artifact remaster got greenlit

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

No Wave posted:

There was artifact foundry which wasnt really artifact 2 it was an internal project to reuse artifact's assets and rules to create a version of the game anyone could stand playing. So I guess it was artifact 2.0 in the same sense as overwatch 2.0. It's free but I'm not sure anyone has ever installed it, I only remember that the game had a lot of placeholder art that felt unprofessional to distribute it was so uncharming. Also artifact classic's client+presentation is the only thing the game has going for it.

It was worse than 1 and 1 was already a joke at that point so nobody cared

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Artifacts draft mode was pretty fun. If they’d focused on that and made a larger roster of “basic” heroes it would have been a great primary mode, especially as it fits the theme. But it doesn’t make money by selling packs.

Of course the game they launched also didn’t make money selling packs but ah well.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Shartifactorio

Build a new card game empire from scratch, starting by promising a million dollar tournament, then never hosting it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Guess the Game #546. No cheating.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Sometimes I forget that the game isn't technically dead yet. The servers are still up. There are dozens of player online at any given time, presumably playing matches against each other.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Artifact is a digital card game developed and published by Valve. Released in 2018, Artifact tasks players with constructing decks and battling opponents in a sphere that marries traditional card-game strategy with the lore of the wildly popular Dota 2 universe. Each round of Artifact is a sprawling battle across three separate boards known as lanes, reminiscent of the map in Dota 2. The game boasts over 280 cards at launch, each offering their own abilities, which are supplemented by 44 hero cards, each tied to one of four color-coded play-styles. Its unique mechanics, such as the ability to buy items for heroes with gold earned from killing enemy units, augment the strategic depth of the game. Though the game may seem daunting for beginners, its tutorial system and casual play mode offer ample opportunity for players to understand the game’s rich strategy without feeling overwhelmed. Artifact's depth and strategic variety, coupled with elements that echo familiar Dota 2 mechanics, have been praised by critics. If you're a fan of complex deck-building games like Hearthstone or Gwent, or a fan of the Dota 2 universe, you're sure to be a fan of Artifact.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hows everyone's artifact gaming been going

Admiral_Cola
Jan 11, 2012
This was the monkey's paw for wishing to be a top 100 artifact player.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Admiral_Cola posted:

top 100 artifact player

Didn't expect one of 2023's funniest phrases to come from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

did steam delete the vods of the million dollar tournament? talk about shartifact