Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Why did he even want to be Prime Minister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Roman Quaedvlieg has hacked Turnbull's twitter

Why do these loving psychotic freaks talk like 19 year olds no body likes

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 1, 2018

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Knorth posted:

For a lark. Rich old dude with nothing better to do.

The Peccadillo posted:

Roman Quaedvlieg has hacked Turnbull's twitter

Why do these loving psychotic freaks talk like this

Quaedvlieg is on a completely different level. You know how in your life there’s someone who’s dumb as dogshit but thinks they’re the smartest person in the room? That guy became a cop, then he became the head of border force.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It sounds fine from Turnbull. Quaedvlieg just sounds like he is always trying too hard.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Turnbull: I'm not upset.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Quaedvlieg always sounds like he's romanticizing cruising for his next murder victim.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Knorth posted:

So he could rock up at an expensive New York broker's club and say "haha remember that time I was Prime Minister of Australia!" and everyone laughs at what a mad man he is.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

Why do these loving psychotic freaks talk like 19 year olds no body likes

You know why.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/when-is-my-walker-coming/9831688

quote:

Thirteen-year-old called Katinka is desperate to stand and walk, but she needs help to do it.
"We found this walker, and the day that she trialled it, she was the happiest that I've ever seen her in the four years I've known her," Heather Richmond, her physiotherapist, told the ABC's AM program.
"And she just kept saying, 'Look, I'm standing, I'm walking on my own, I can do it'."
That equipment was trialled a year ago, but Katinka still doesn't have a walker of her own.
"Since then she's been asking her family constantly, her school: 'When's my walker coming? When's my walker coming?'"
The walker Katinka has applied for costs $6,000.
Heather Richmond says it is a reasonable and necessary piece of equipment for her
— but the NDIA has rejected her application to get one.
"As therapists, [we] go to university and have all this clinical experience in order to know what is the best for a certain client," Ms Richmond said.
She said it is frustrating to have recommendations declined.
"We put the time and effort in to trialling equipment and supports, and then it just takes one person to say, 'No, I don't think so, I don't think it's necessary for her'."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-01/ndis-criticised-over-funding-request-for-girl-with-down-syndrome/10306094

quote:

Katinka's father Darren Pettett said after the story aired, several individuals and organisations contacted them offering to fund the $6,000 frame.

The experience has left physiotherapist Ms Richmond with concerns about how some NDIS planners are making their decisions.
"She [the NDIS planner] had googled Katinka's condition of Down syndrome, and said that she didn't believe there were many people with Down syndrome that were in wheelchairs, so she didn't know why she would need a walker.
"These comments were very hurtful to the family."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Has there been one good thing done by this Coalition Government 2013 to Present?

I'm struggling to think of one thing except being a SPILL FACTORY

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
They were dragged kicking and screaming into Marriage Equality if you want to be generous about it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Has there been one good thing done by this Coalition Government 2013 to Present?

I'm struggling to think of one thing except being a SPILL FACTORY

They got rid of Tony Abbott as leader

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
How many fruits have been tampered with under this government? Like a million percent more than under Rudd.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
They didn’t make Dutton PM.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

they killed me

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Knorth posted:

They were dragged kicking and screaming into Marriage Equality if you want to be generous about it

I think it's beyond a stretch to call "subjected queer Australians to months of vitriol masquerading as public debate about their validity as equal people" a good thing, regardless of us getting the right outcome from it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You Am I posted:

They got rid of Tony Abbott as leader

fiery_valkyrie posted:

They didn’t make Dutton PM.

Also gave them both everything they wanted in the process (power + hate)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Knorth posted:

Yeah, but I bet they won't even let themselves use that in their campaigns.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
A good friend of mine decided to buy his kid a Kinder Surprise 50th Anniversary Egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

*screams*

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870246

• Locked thread