Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

alternatively: this was all a Tourette’s guy / deagle nation style hoax and he got tired of pretending to be retarded on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wish youd do the same!

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

President Beep posted:

wish youd do the same!

im not pretending

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
cool cool.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
For a while if you turned on the ability to view deleted comments on Hacker News you'd randomly see terry's n-word filled rants nestled in between peoples normal comments about like Python 3.0 or whatever. We lost a tier-1 poster.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Salt Fish posted:

oH yeah that reminds me, what ever happened to LA Beast?

LA beast is still around and making videos, but after his breakdown or w/e and moving back home or something, he's now one of those super-flashy over-produced algo youtubers with ~WACKY~ face over zany backgrounds. and does boring things like IM GUNNA EAT 5 HARD BOILED EGGS or something. his videos arent as good anymore, but i guess you can't top eating light bulbs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xaris posted:

i guess you can't top eating light bulbs

My favorite was the drinking a gallon jug of olive oil tbh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he must have poo poo himself inside out for a week after that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Apparently for the next few days he sweated out so much oil that it ruined his chair. I guess your body tries to get rid of it through every available avenue

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
having eaten pungently oily meats like reindeer, yeah, that's a thing that happens and it smells bad and fucks your poo poo up.

also drinking oil will completely wreck your ability to hold poo poo in in any fashion.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
But was the OS a POS?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

SpaceAceJase posted:

But was the OS a POS?

sort of transcended the idea of an os being a pos. is to good operating systems as yospos is to good posting

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

I'm just glad he sort of followed the Portal Of Evil exhibit cycle, where everyone laughs incredulously at him at first, but then figures out that there is far more value in trying to understand him as a person. That doesn't happen very often anymore at all.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
rest in power, terry

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

my favorite was probably eating the cactus

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the canned cheeseburger one made me want to try a canned cheeseburger.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

although i have a soft spot for the one where he drank 64 raw eggs while hanging upside down, flipped back right side up, vomited into a pan, and cooked the vomit eggs into an omelet, then ate the omelet again.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

although i have a soft spot for the one where he drank 64 raw eggs while hanging upside down, flipped back right side up, vomited into a pan, and cooked the vomit eggs into an omelet, then ate the omelet again.

*taps out*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

mine was swallowing whole hot dogs and vomiting them back up.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

same

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

he’s gonna have issues with his throat and guts later in life if he doesn’t already.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Terry is dead, how can he have these eating problems?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BONGHITZ posted:

Terry is dead, how can he have these eating problems?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smythe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23B017ZVIx4

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Hershey wood shoot a good dog

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

see, thats the kind of mental illness we need more of in the world.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

infernal machines posted:

what? if yospos wants to venerate a racist because he was "wacky*" and wrote bizarre bespoke software, then fill your boots

*read: had untreated mental illness

stfu

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Stymie posted:

he truly was yospos' ulililila/cwc/doobie

yospos was/is way too square to appreciate him, actually

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I fuckin' love meth/cocaine science!!!!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ahaha forums cancer is still a thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

couldn't have happened to a better person

e: the forums cancer, i mean, not losethos guy dying

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RIP Terry A. Davis, may you dance in heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGT0sxqgHvY

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxD5EkCtN8k

warning: terry being terry

akadajet fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 8, 2018

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

RZApublican posted:

RIP Terry A. Davis, may you dance in heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGT0sxqgHvY

we let this rot on the vine until he became nothing because mental health is scary to talk about

godspeed terry

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
possibly the saddest part is that he appears to have died in a car accident with his mother

i.e. his life was getting back on the rails and then freak chance took them both

:smith:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

maybe you shouldn’t kick out your mentally ill child in the first place idk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
maybe we denied mental illness for two generations and the parents of children with issues literally dont know what else to do besides listen to the oprah winfrey 'tough love' 90s bullshit

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

anyone who kicks out their own family is a huge piece of poo poo regardless. unless literally trying to murder you or something.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i didnt get 'kicked out' but the last day i lived at home my dad woke me up with a punch in the face because they didnt like me 'sleeping in' even though i had a 2nd shift job

i put him through the drywall, packed a bag while my mom wailed and left forever

rot in hell pops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

possibly the saddest part is that he appears to have died in a car accident with his mother

i.e. his life was getting back on the rails and then freak chance took them both

:smith:

no. he got hit by a train in the dalles, oregon, on august 11th. article in local paper (behind paywall) here. article's archived google cache here. the train engineer believes it was suicide.

his mom had been terminally ill for months and died in late august.

edit:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

his life was getting back on the rails
what an unfortunate but unintentional choice of words.

RobobTheGreat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 8, 2018

• Locked thread